Dubai Metro Fares

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Metro Fares

Originally Posted by commander
what?? you dont agree?
I agree, but you are always the first to admit it
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

yea, come on though...all those smelly flip flops...
If that is your only concern... the gold class ticket will go from 4 to 13 AED, so the demographic bothering you will not be seating close to you.

I do have more serious concern than the smell regarding the metro. We shall seat and see how it goes.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:11 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
If that is your only concern... the gold class ticket will go from 4 to 13 AED, so the demographic bothering you will not be seating close to you.

I do have more serious concern than the smell regarding the metro. We shall seat and see how it goes.
what is your serious concern? mine would be the impatientness of the locals at the stations....accident waiting to happen..

an arab...que behind an indian??? whatever next....this will not do..
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

what is your serious concern? mine would be the impatientness of the locals at the stations....accident waiting to happen..

an arab...que behind an indian??? whatever next....this will not do..
you read my mind... i still remember trains and metros in Korea and China with people pushing like crazy to get in. here it will not be different, specially cause people value life even less (Insallah!). They are not use to this kind of transportation. I watched on TV an interview with the administrator of the new Qatar Museum. His point was that these people have never experienced a Museum before so they were coming with their picnic basket, bringing dogs, using bike and roller blades in the Museum, etc. There is a whole process of education and it will be the same for the metro.

Last edited by klaus3974; Jun 23rd 2009 at 9:27 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:28 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

you read my mind... i still remember trains and metros in Korea and China with people pushing like crazy to get in. here it will not be different, specially cause people value life even less (Insallah!). They are not use to this kind of transportation. I watched on TV an interview with the administrator of the new Qatar Museum. His point was that these people have never experienced a Museum before so they were coming with their picnic basket, bringing dogs, using bike and roller blades in the Museum, etc. There is a whole process of education and it will be the same for the metro.
couldnt agree more, can you really see a spoilt arab teenager listening to an indian stationmaster telling them to keep away from the edge..
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:24 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

what's wrong with having a bite to eat whilst looking at art...
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MataHari
what's wrong with having a bite to eat whilst looking at art...
if it has been only a bite... they were bringing their red plaid sheet and sitting their 3 wives and 15 children around a half a dozen picnic baskets...

BTW, a friend who has been to this museum said that it is really, really good.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:19 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

if it has been only a bite... they were bringing their red plaid sheet and sitting their 3 wives and 15 children around a half a dozen picnic baskets...

The museum or the food?
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Both
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 12:05 pm
banned

what about the maid, driver, arse wiper etc..
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderbirds Are Go is on a distinguished road

wow...sheer ignorance...

i mean the arabs do travel a fair bit, and will probably have used metros elsewhere in the world...did you also know that there is a metro in dehli already....geez, maybe they will send the workers back to india for their metro training...eh??

i mean the tube in london is much worse - strikes due to skiving drivers who are caught playing squash, leaves on the line, Mind the Bloody Gap (which is so wide, there is not a hope in hell for less abled passengers to use the tube), and last but not least the stink with all the arm pits hanging in the air..

Bring on Dubai Metro any day...
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thunderbirds Are Go
wow...sheer ignorance...

i mean the arabs do travel a fair bit, and will probably have used metros elsewhere in the world...did you also know that there is a metro in dehli already....geez, maybe they will send the workers back to india for their metro training...eh??

i mean the tube in london is much worse - strikes due to skiving drivers who are caught playing squash, leaves on the line, Mind the Bloody Gap (which is so wide, there is not a hope in hell for less abled passengers to use the tube), and last but not least the stink with all the arm pits hanging in the air..

Bring on Dubai Metro any day...
sorry, but the arab who travel abroad.... are not those who will take the metro. you cannot take your Prado in the metro as you may know. aslo, have you ever heard that "in Rome...." People travelling abroad do not behave like they do at home.

and most of the Indians who are here have never put a feet in Dehli, except, maybe in the airport to come from their little villages to the construction site.

so... lets wait and see (I do agree with you in something... bring on Dubai metro any day)
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:39 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

and what am i exactly??
a grumpy moaning shitbird?
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
i ****ing knew it. 1.80, 6.50

they can **** right off the profit gouging wankers.

IF they make the fare a nice round number I might consider using it, until then pah. well that and the fact that for my travel patterns its actually more inconvenient than convenient

I do have one question about the metro, why the **** is it like a bloody rollercoaster along SZR, I mean really would it have been so hard to have planned a little so the thing didnt go up and down like some deranged theme park ride..........

oh hang on I see what they did, it IS a deranged theme park ride

In general - depending on surrounding constraints - it ramps up at stations so that trains leaving a station get some gravity assistance (thereby saving energy) as they accelerate, and trains arriving at a station are slowed down as they travel uphill towards the station - again saving braking energy requried.
Elsewhere it's simply dodging existing infrastrucutre - roads, bridges and the like.

Could have built the whole thing 100ft in the air so it passed over every object in it's path....but that leads to cost issues, maintenance issues and customer access issues.

Comprende?

Agreed it looks bad. But presumably no one is planning on f'ing the thing.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:36 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
In general - depending on surrounding constraints - it ramps up at stations so that trains leaving a station get some gravity assistance (thereby saving energy) as they accelerate, and trains arriving at a station are slowed down as they travel uphill towards the station - again saving braking energy requried.
Elsewhere it's simply dodging existing infrastrucutre - roads, bridges and the like.

Could have built the whole thing 100ft in the air so it passed over every object in it's path....but that leads to cost issues, maintenance issues and customer access issues.

Comprende?

Agreed it looks bad. But presumably no one is planning on f'ing the thing.
all fair points but why, especially along ZSR does it go down to say 10ft off the ground then up again over a road and down again, why the hell not just have it at 30ft and be bloody done with it. Bangkok for example had plenty of existing structures when they built the sky train but it doesnt go up and down like tarts knickers.

oh and in all honesty can you say that they wont have "cost issues, maintenance issues and customer access issues" anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.