Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Marina Mall is open

Dubai Marina Mall is open

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:15 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Marina Mall is open

Shame only 10 of the shops inside are...

And the only 'food' place open is Cinnabon...

Easy walk to it in winter from JBR, but in the summer I can't see why it'll be better than Ibn Battuta.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai Marina Mall is open

Anyone been in the Dubai mall recently?

I went two weeks after it opened to see what the fuss was about. A great big barn is what I found, although the aquarium is decent. I haven't been back even though it's slightly closer than MoE.

It's more convenient to go to MoE, park, and reach the stores. Anyone have any idea if the Dubai Mall is doing ok....?

Originally Posted by typical

Easy walk to it in winter from JBR, but in the summer I can't see why it'll be better than Ibn Battuta.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:49 am
W10

It's not doing too well I hear. But then I don't imagine they expected huge footfall in the first few months.

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Anyone been in the Dubai mall recently?

I went two weeks after it opened to see what the fuss was about. A great big barn is what I found, although the aquarium is decent. I haven't been back even though it's slightly closer than MoE.

It's more convenient to go to MoE, park, and reach the stores. Anyone have any idea if the Dubai Mall is doing ok....?
yeah, i was there on saturday, and loads more shops had opened since i was there at eid...i really like it, it will be great when everything is open and the carparks are sorted...it was really quiet though, oh, and hamleys is shiter than shite...

MM, xx
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:31 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, i was there on saturday, and loads more shops had opened since i was there at eid...i really like it, it will be great when everything is open and the carparks are sorted...it was really quiet though, oh, and hamleys is shiter than shite...

MM, xx
is it? i was looking forward to taking the little one there.

Is it a lack of stock?

Last edited by commander; Dec 22nd 2008 at 10:06 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
is it? i was looking forward to taking the little one their.

Is it a lack of stock?
lack of stock, totally incompetent staff including the manager, loads of items not priced and then they can't find the price when you want to buy it, things out on display that aren't acutually for sale...you know, typical dubai-stylee...

that said, your little one will love it...

MM, xx
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:40 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
lack of stock, totally incompetent staff including the manager, loads of items not priced and then they can't find the price when you want to buy it, things out on display that aren't acutually for sale...you know, typical dubai-stylee...

that said, your little one will love it...

MM, xx
Going to take her, but to be honest the thought of 'yet another' Dubai mall makes me come out in sweats!!

I guess i need to go, just to satisfy my curiosity.

my Inlaws live right next to the Marina Mall. That will be great when it is finished.

There is a cinema opening?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:43 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
my Inlaws live right next to the Marina Mall. That will be great when it is finished.

There is a cinema opening?
Yep, and a Waitrose... it's like the Dubai Mall but 5% of the size.

The Gourmet Tower sounds interesting though... a tower of posh restaurants. Not open yet.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:08 am
banned

Yep, and a Waitrose... it's like the Dubai Mall but 5% of the size.

The Gourmet Tower sounds interesting though... a tower of posh restaurants. Not open yet.
the apartments at the rear overlooking the marina look pretty nice. I like the ratunda type building also.

When this is all finished its going to be a great place to live. No need to get into your car for anything..

(apart from Bison joyriding that is)
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

but does it have an aquarium? if it hasn't I am not going
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:59 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but does it have an aquarium? if it hasn't I am not going
Went to Dubai Mall yesterday for the first time. Huge place and only every third shop open, but it will be great when finished. The bookstore is brilliant! In itself, worth the visit. Won't go again for a few months in the hope more stores will be open.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:55 pm
Shazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to all

Where to is the dubai marina mall open to? Close to home so wud like to pay a visit.

Been to dubai mall twice... its too big and too quiet for my liking. If u have loads of money to spend then its the place to be but too posh for my liking! I miss St David's shopping centre in Cardiff

Aquarium in the mall is ok.... u literally go in walk a few steps and its all over, grrr!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:17 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

It's on Dubai Marina Drive (the road that runs above and to the side of SZR, on the desert side of the Marina). Near the new Radisson. I don't know if the parking entrance/exit direct to SZR is open yet, but you can go to the parking via Marina Drive.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=2...09313&t=h&z=17

It feels tiny after the big malls here, but it's still empty (first day and few shops open). I find it faintly depressing - for some reasons small, multi-floor malls always feel that way to me. At least you can escape outside and go look at the Marina!
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody have any idea when the Waitrose is likely to open in Marina Mall? Spinneys on Marina Walk is getting too darn busy these days.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:25 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Anybody have any idea when the Waitrose is likely to open in Marina Mall? Spinneys on Marina Walk is getting too darn busy these days.
There is a 24-hour Almaya Supermarket in the JBR (Bahar) directly behind the Hilton Jumeirah Beach Hotel...it also has a pork section tucked away in the back area. The fruit and vegies appear to be much fresher than at Geant in Ibn Battuta.

There is ample parking on the beach next to the Hilton a five -minute walk. You may be able to park closer on North Marina Drive near Bahar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.