Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Marina and JLT Buildings

Dubai Marina and JLT Buildings

Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all
Default Dubai Marina and JLT Buildings

Right, I have made a few posts with regards to offers i have had for apartments to rent etc in both these areas.

Can anyone tell me any info if they live in or know about buildings such as:

MAG 214 - JLT
Lake Point - JLT
Lake View - JLT

manchester Tower - Marina
dreams Tower - marina
DEC Towers - Marina
marina Park - marina

(they seem to be a bit cheaper than others)

Things like decent apartment? near to shops? Decent pool? Easy to get a taxi? etc - in fact anything would be appreciated as im not too clued up on JLT and i only know a little of the marina

thanks for your help !

Last edited by StublueKPL; Apr 1st 2009 at 8:53 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dubai Marina and JLT Buildings

I'm sure the JTL lake view is where my friend has a place, it's ok but the finish on the apartment was done really badly
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

not a great fan of the Marina to be honest with you but I would prefer it over JLT. Easier for taxis and has more amenities. I am trying to release my 2 bed which is right next door to Nelsons, pretty handy
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:51 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
Right, I have made a few posts with regards to offers i have had for apartments to rent etc in both these areas.

Can anyone tell me any info if they live in or know about buildings such as:

MAG 214 - JLT
Lake Point - JLT
Lake View - JLT

manchester Tower - Marina
dreams Tower - marina
DEC Towers - Marina
marina Park - marina

(they seem to be a bit cheaper than others)

Things like decent apartment? near to shops? Decent pool? Easy to get a taxi? etc - in fact anything would be appreciated as im not too clued up on JLT and i only know a little of the marina

thanks for your help !
Here's a map of the marina. DEC Towers and Manchester Tower are at the low-rise end of the marina and are pretty isolated (away from shops, beach and bars).

Not sure of the JLT apartments..but many people not happy..no facilties, no bars, shops.

Not sure where Dreams Tower or MAG 214 are..probably to the east of the actual marina.

Best locations at the marina are the towers of Marina Promenade or the Al Shab Towers, which are centrally located on the seaward side of the marina (this is where I live). From these locations it is a 5 minute walk to the beach and The Walk, Marina Mall, and 5 to 10 minutes walks to about 6 bars, including those in the Hilton, Dubai Marina Yacht Club (Aquara). There will be another 12 bars in the area in about 5 to 10 months.

Plus if you have a party your friends can park at the large car park at JBR beach next to the Hilton or the Marina Mall and walk to you apartment.
Attached Thumbnails Dubai Marina and JLT Buildings-dubaimarinabuildingmap.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MacScot
Here's a map of the marina. DEC Towers and Manchester Tower are at the low-rise end of the marina and are pretty isolated (away from shops, beach and bars).

Not sure of the JLT apartments..but many people not happy..no facilties, no bars, shops.

Not sure where Dreams Tower or MAG 214 are..probably to the east of the actual marina.

Best locations at the marina are the towers of Marina Promenade or the Al Shab Towers, which are centrally located on the seaward side of the marina (this is where I live). From these locations it is a 5 minute walk to the beach and The Walk, Marina Mall, and 5 to 10 minutes walks to about 6 bars, including those in the Hilton, Dubai Marina Yacht Club (Aquara). There will be another 12 bars in the area in about 5 to 10 months.

Plus if you have a party your friends can park at the large car park at JBR beach next to the Hilton or the Marina Mall and walk to you apartment.
ok well JLT is ok, unless you are in one of the apartment blocks which you have to do a massive u turn, for example Green Lakes....

JLT has nothing but a shit load of sand and industrial work, noise is excruitating at times and thats why the rent is so cheap, workmanship seems ok in most of the JLT towers but may differ depending on who has done the work, most building also have their own deli counter and/or restaurant that is open to other building blocks.

Marina and MOE/Dubai Internet City is 5 mins away and the second lake will be finished in 2 months, so might get a little quieter.

Taxi's arent really an issue in JLT, they all come there now...

Most if not all of the JLT towers have their own pool, health club which includes jacuzzi's, sauna etc.

It has potential but the lack of a supermarket and a few bars makes it unsuitable for the young un's.

The advantage is you can pick up an absolute bargain.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:28 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
The advantage is you can pick up an absolute bargain.
Good point...it would allow people to save more as well. I overlook JLT and they seem to be almost finished.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno your budget. Marina mansions is pretty nice.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commander
Dunno your budget. Marina mansions is pretty nice.
Im still not sure of my budget to be honest.

because of my job, i grudge paying too much rental for a place which i wont even be in half the time. (im 28 days on rig/28 off). So im only in dxb for around 25 days every two months. Again, same reason is that although i would like a 2 bed, its hard to justify it when im not there.

The good thing is that the way the prices are dropping I may get something better than i thought. (1 bed f/f in greens for 70k just now, marina 1 beds for 65-85k and jlt for 50-65k, springs 2 bed villa averaging around 95k, mirdif around 85k)

So i guess you could say my budget is between 50-80k (i know thats not a lot but the way things are dropping im pretty sure by june i'll get a good place)

Last edited by StublueKPL; Apr 3rd 2009 at 7:24 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 5:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Stu we saw some villas yesterday that were just amazing, they had a more or less self contained flat in the basement, they aren't due to be finished until May time - an entire compound to be rented out in May? can't see that happening so I am guessing the rent will be well cheap. The Watchman didn't know who the Agent was going to be etc. I am going to keep an eye on them. You could rent the basement
Old Apr 4th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Stu we saw some villas yesterday that were just amazing, they had a more or less self contained flat in the basement, they aren't due to be finished until May time - an entire compound to be rented out in May? can't see that happening so I am guessing the rent will be well cheap. The Watchman didn't know who the Agent was going to be etc. I am going to keep an eye on them. You could rent the basement
Tell me where and we will be neighbours

I am looking a place for June 1st
Old Apr 4th 2009, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Which were they, am having to move in the next few months...... am looking at a villa now since the prices are a little reasonable.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ive also seen a good few villas in Al Barsha 1 springing up. (right across from Dunes hotel apartments) - They seem ready and have started on the next batch right beside.

1 Bed? The way properties have came online this year and because of the financial crisis, i'll be looking at the Palm or Emirates hills for 80k

Thanks for all you replies guys, really appreicated.

BC - Where are these Villas anyway? - Do they allow Scottish residents who dont drink (not that i know any , just curious)?
Old Apr 5th 2009, 6:47 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
Ive also seen a good few villas in Al Barsha 1 springing up. (right across from Dunes hotel apartments) - They seem ready and have started on the next batch right beside.

1 Bed? The way properties have came online this year and because of the financial crisis, i'll be looking at the Palm or Emirates hills for 80k

Thanks for all you replies guys, really appreicated.

BC - Where are these Villas anyway? - Do they allow Scottish residents who dont drink (not that i know any , just curious)?
Al Barsha area, near the Mall. There was a guy who my husband was talking to in our building yesterday looking for a 1 bed apartment. He offered him ours, he said he budget was 60k. I am guessing apartments in this building have dropped down in that case. They were 120k last year.