Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Marina or JBR

Dubai Marina or JBR

Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all
Default Dubai Marina or JBR

my company have rented me an aprtmnt in Marina for month one only, after that i have to sort things out myself

i think that JBR looks better than DM. would like to know given the choice what others would pick

TM - LB
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai Marina or JBR

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
i think that JBR looks better than DM. would like to know given the choice what others would pick
TM - LB
Are you blind or simply lacking in architectural taste...JBR is like a Glaswegian Council tower.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:07 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Bet you're regreting coming on here. two questions and both responses challenge your taste. But then you are a suvverner....

hehehe.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shadya
Are you blind or simply lacking in architectural taste...JBR is like a Glaswegian Council tower.
well i havent seen inside JBR blocks, but some of them must be OK
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roadking
Bet you're regreting coming on here. two questions and both responses challenge your taste. But then you are a suvverner....

hehehe.

oh the car?

i want to knw what geezer in his 40s didnt like dukes of hazzard. with fuel prices so cheap, why wouldnt u get a 4.5ltr Hemisphere?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:41 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

If its cheap rent - then the JBR. If company is paying - then Dubai Marina. If DM choose the middle section (seaward side of marina) near Al Sahab Towers or the Promenade...'cos its walking distance (4 to 5 minutes walk to 5 bars/lounges - DM Yacht Club and Hilton, and to the beach) plus it is nearest to the busiest part of the Walk for cafes. Plus another 4 bars opining up next year.

Phase I Dubai Marina (north end) is miles from the nearest pub (Grosvenor - Bar 44 and Budha Bar).

Last edited by MacScot; Jun 28th 2009 at 3:43 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 3:48 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
If its cheap rent - then the JBR. If company is paying - then Dubai Marina. If DM choose the middle section (seaward side of marina) near Al Sahab Towers or the Promenade...'cos its walking distance (4 to 5 minutes walk to 5 bars/lounges - DM Yacht Club and Hilton, and to the beach) plus it is nearest to the busiest part of the Walk for cafes. Plus another 4 bars opining up next year.

Phase I Dubai Marina (north end) is miles from the nearest pub (Grosvenor - Bar 44 and Budha Bar).
From what I have seen the rents at JBR are more expensive than the Marina, I live at JBR and I do like it but it is beginning to look tired very quickly, there seems to be a big difference in the internal quality build and management between the different sectors, I live in Amwaj and other than the fact that security is terrible, anyone at all can come and go as they please at the pools, I cannot find any complaints. However it is renewal time coming up and DP want to leave the contract figure the same but give a letter offering a 15% discount of the rent, the implications being of course that if and when rents rise again, the original figure will still be on the contract. For this reason alone I am looking to move to the Marina, ideally I would prefer a villa buut dont fancy the springs/meadows or outlining areas at all. Will see what my budget can buy.Looking at the costs on Dubizzle they are still not living in the real world.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

TM - LB
rented in shams tower ( marina view) for 6 months and absoultely loved it !! proximity of the walk, beach, the shops was great, good selection of pools to use - one downside was the lack of a gym. parking no issues and generally a very vibrant area to be in esp. for families.

was not really bothered about the concrete jungle effect - having worked in city of london before so perhaps immune to it !! good luck !
Old Jun 29th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Foxes
rented in shams tower ( marina view) for 6 months and absoultely loved it !! proximity of the walk, beach, the shops was great, good selection of pools to use - one downside was the lack of a gym. parking no issues and generally a very vibrant area to be in esp. for families.

was not really bothered about the concrete jungle effect - having worked in city of london before so perhaps immune to it !! good luck !

r u on about Dubai Marina or JBR.

Can you walk to the beach from DM?
Old Jun 29th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah you can.

JBR is great if you actually use it. I live there and never walk down to the beach or even the walk so for me it's a bit of a waste. Most blocks have a supermarket though which is amazingly handy. A lot of DM doesn't have such convenience.

Inside, JBR is fine but the quality apparently gets better as you head towards the Sheraton.

Parking is dead easy and even for guests. You can't say the same for DM.

There's a bit of a snob factor to DM but for facilities and such (excluding the use of gyms cos there aren't any) it's JBR all the way.

I saw someone mentioned that 4 new bars are opening up. Where will these be?
Old Jun 29th 2009, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

danjar is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure you are aware but JBR and the Marina are effectively the same place!? The Marina in general isn't all that big, I live in La Riviera tower on the southern side of the Marina (against SZR) and I am still only about 300yds from the beach. The only area in the Marina I'd avoid would be the West end, very cheap but still lots of construction going on.
I personally wouldn't live in JBR as there are so many better apartment buildings dotted around for less money and to be honest I hardly use JBR/beach/Marina walk anyway.
A month will be plenty of time to find your own place, you'll probably find one on your first day of looking....make sure you haggle on the cheques/price, tons of "bargains" to be had at the moment!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

ipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really nice

Disagree

We live in JBR.

3 swimming pools, walk out front door 50 yards and we are on the JBR walk. Also close to the Hilton for a beer
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

apologies was referring to jbr...and yes you can walk to beach from DM - just add on another 5-10 mins to your walk dependent on where in DM you are...
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

tinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nicetinkerbelle is just really nice

my company have rented me an aprtmnt in Marina for month one only, after that i have to sort things out myself

TM - LB
We lived in JBR and loved it. I agree it's an ugly development but we decided that the view of DM would be better than JBR.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
and you have been to Glasgow?? is that near Niarobi?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.