Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Marina - Which Building to Live In

Dubai Marina - Which Building to Live In

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road
Default Dubai Marina - Which Building to Live In

Moving from Abu Dhabi to Dubai as it's waaaaaaaay to expensive to stay renting and will get a lot more for my 90k in Dubai.

I am looking at various flats in Dubai Marina and like some buildings but not others... Anyone got any advice about where I can get a two bed with decent facilities?

Thanks a lot,

Shandolier
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai Marina - Which Building to Live In

Best find a building that's been completed and with all the amenities fully operational, which narrows it down considerably.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:05 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Best find a building that's been completed and with all the amenities fully operational, which narrows it down considerably.
hehe... the best thing is to drive around and see which you like to shortlist some before you start looking in earnest. What kind of facilities are you after? Shops in close proximity? Restaurants within walking distance? Parking? Gyms? Baby playroom? Do you want modern or soviet-era looking? Do you care?
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat080 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think in Dubai too much sheaper now... I wish you the best dear.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

if your budget is AED90K and u're looking in dubai marina, you'll be hard pushed to find any two bed aprt in any building for that amount.

a couple of buildings that i've seen for myself coz i got mates living there are the jewels & dorra bay &, both blocks are pretty impressive with amazing views of the marina, as well as good gym facilities.

But mate, you'll need to increase your budget.

I'm in JLT and although i agree its pretty much a construction site, some of the aprt blocks are very impressive and are at a reasonable price.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the the same position. Although I had to move out of my company apartment so am in a temp serviced apartment in the Marina at the moment.

2 bed for 90k may be pushing it although if you bargain hard you might be able to get one in JBR for close to that. If you can stretch to 10k or 20k more than you will have a lot more choice.

I currently have a list of preferred blocks, based on facilities, position and quality of build. But my budget is about 140k to 150k.