British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai: Location question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-location-question-860267/)

LeeClements Jun 17th 2015 11:04 am

Dubai: Location question

Hi all,

Am looking to move to Dubai later this summer. We're currently researching locations for an apartment and local advice would be invaluable!

Budget: < 100k AED

I'm working in Internet City, my wife at Kings School in Al Barsha.

We have a dog - so needs to be pet tolerant (ideally, pet friendly!)

We'd like low rise, a good size balcony, ideally a swimming pool. 2 Bedrooms are a must (We're going to be having lots of people over on holidays etc!)

We've got friends who live out in Remraam - we really like it out there, but I want to have a look at a few other places to make sure I'm not missing anything that would be more suitable.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Lee

mikewot Jun 17th 2015 11:46 am

Re: Dubai: Location question

Remraan is probably your best bet with such a low price.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 17th 2015 12:06 pm

**** that, it's miles away and further than you need to be.

You will find a 2 bed in budget easily in Sport City / Motor City

mikewot Jun 17th 2015 12:39 pm

Find Properties For Sale Or For Rent In Dubai, United Arab Emirates | GNproperty.com

Real Estate & Property for Rent in UAE, UAE | Dubizzle UAE

mission Jun 19th 2015 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11677389)
**** that, it's miles away and further than you need to be.

You will find a 2 bed in budget easily in Sport City / Motor City

yep gotta agree....with a budget of just 100k for a TWO bed, you are probably best looking at sport city, motor city, jumeriah village circle, jumeriah village triangle

Millhouse Jun 20th 2015 6:57 am

I think you'd struggle to get a 100k two bed in motor city.

JVC it is!

mikewot Jun 20th 2015 9:04 am

A 1 bed in JVT is 115, JVC is cheaper because it is still a building site but there are a lot of apartments. I still reckon Remraan is a good deal because of what you can get for the money. Access is improving, especially as there is an interchange close to completion just down the 611 so you will be able to turn around and come back without having to go to the roundabout.

DXBtoDOH Jun 20th 2015 11:24 am

I was intrigued because I always thought JVT was cheap. Why pay 115k for a 1-bedroom in JVT when that gets you a very nice 1-bedroom in the Marina?

Looked on Dubizzle. Seems like 2-bedrooms in JVT can be had for between 100-125K. The upper end is a massive 1889 sqft 2-bedroom duplex.

Most of the 1-bedrooms are between 60-75.

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11680145)
A 1 bed in JVT is 115, JVC is cheaper because it is still a building site but there are a lot of apartments. I still reckon Remraan is a good deal because of what you can get for the money. Access is improving, especially as there is an interchange close to completion just down the 611 so you will be able to turn around and come back without having to go to the roundabout.

mikewot Jun 20th 2015 11:30 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 11680226)
I was intrigued because I always thought JVT was cheap. Why pay 115k for a 1-bedroom in JVT when that gets you a very nice 1-bedroom in the Marina?

Looked on Dubizzle. Seems like 2-bedrooms in JVT can be had for between 100-125K. The upper end is a massive 1889 sqft 2-bedroom duplex.

Most of the 1-bedrooms are between 60-75.

Ah, sorry I wasn't clear (I have lived in JVT for 3.5 years), the price I quoted is for a 1 bed TH. There are very very few apartments here. Green Park has about 30 I think and Imperial Residence maybe 40 in each tower. Other than that none of the other apartment blocks are near being finished.
Your choices are essentially 1 or 2 bed TH or 2 bed villa with the occasional villa that has been extended to 4/5 beds. Villas have HUGE gardens at least 6000 sq ft. However there are no facilities here, no pools, no clubhouse, no streetsigns even!

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 21st 2015 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11680097)
I think you'd struggle to get a 100k two bed in motor city.

JVC it is!

Dubizzle shows 4 (with keyword Motor City), 80k, 80k, 80k, 100k. All two beds.

Don't ask how good, big or nice they are though. :ohmy: