British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai Knowledge Village (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-knowledge-village-506155/)

theboro Jan 14th 2008 4:43 pm

Dubai Knowledge Village

Hello......... last minute change Im no longer going to Abu Dhabi but will be setting up an office at the DKV, Ive read loads of forum posts but just struggling with locations! Where are the nearest Villas/compounds etc to the DKV

Give me a clue and I'll do the rest on search... promise :D

In Dubai from the 9th of Feb, I'll bring my hat

Eeyore Jan 14th 2008 7:13 pm

Re: Dubai Knowledge Village

There are some villas right next door to KV (literally walking distance), but you'll probably be lucky to get into those. Otherwise, you're looking at the Palm, the Lakes/Meadows/Springs, or Jumeirah Islands.

Bring lots of money.

theboro Jan 15th 2008 11:18 am

Thanks have started looking at those areas, looks like Springs only have 200k. Does Al Barshaa (1/2/3) go by any other name?

MataHari Jan 15th 2008 11:43 am

Originally Posted by theboro (Post 5790644)
Thanks have started looking at those areas, looks like Springs only have 200k. Does Al Barshaa (1/2/3) go by any other name?

Al Barsha....

theboro Jan 15th 2008 12:14 pm

its genious...!:blink:

Blue Cat Jan 15th 2008 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by theboro (Post 5790913)
its genious...!:blink:

Al Barsha 3 is sometimes referred to as TECOM, as they own the land in that area ;)

captainflack Jan 15th 2008 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by theboro (Post 5786323)
Hello......... last minute change Im no longer going to Abu Dhabi but will be setting up an office at the DKV, Ive read loads of forum posts but just struggling with locations! Where are the nearest Villas/compounds etc to the DKV

Give me a clue and I'll do the rest on search... promise :D

In Dubai from the 9th of Feb, I'll bring my hat

Dubai Marina and Greens are both within 5 minutes drive. Assuming it is not raining in which case you'd be doing well to do the trip within 5 hours.

Eeyore Jan 15th 2008 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by theboro (Post 5790644)
Thanks have started looking at those areas, looks like Springs only have 200k

If 200k is too much for you, then I'm afraid you're not going to find a villa anywhere near Knowledge Village.

theboro Jan 16th 2008 10:57 am

Thanks for the feedback again, from what Ive read Dubai isnt geared up for rain then...!

200k is what I have from the company but my wife is looking for a job too so maybe we will have more but like to work on a worst case scenario....... not coming to Dubia to go broke!

Used to live there in the early 90's, its going to be really strange coming back. Is Pancho Villa's still there, used to have a life ban, ahh those were the days, just a young hell raiser with hair...:D

MataHari Jan 16th 2008 11:21 am

Originally Posted by theboro (Post 5796218)
Thanks for the feedback again, from what Ive read Dubai isnt geared up for rain then...!

200k is what I have from the company but my wife is looking for a job too so maybe we will have more but like to work on a worst case scenario....... not coming to Dubia to go broke!

Used to live there in the early 90's, its going to be really strange coming back. Is Pancho Villa's still there, used to have a life ban, ahh those were the days, just a young hell raiser with hair...:D

you're going to be in for a big surprise...you won't recognise much....

Blue Cat Jan 16th 2008 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5796303)
you're going to be in for a big surprise...you won't recognise much....

Panchos is still there but it isn't the same as it used to be! very run down and really not accesible at night like it used to be in the 90's. MH is right, you won't recognise much out here now :(

Madam Medusa Jan 16th 2008 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5796767)
Panchos is still there but it isn't the same as it used to be! very run down and really not accesible at night like it used to be in the 90's. MH is right, you won't recognise much out here now :(

what/where is panchos, i've never even heard of it...

MM, xx

dstress Jan 16th 2008 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5796941)
what/where is panchos, i've never even heard of it...

MM, xx

Pancho Villas is a Mex Tex restaurant that used to be very popular in the 90s (Astoria hotel I think). In particular, it was very popular with US army men during the first Gulf war.

Madam Medusa Jan 16th 2008 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by dstress (Post 5796977)
Pancho Villas is a Mex Tex restaurant that used to be very popular in the 90s (Astoria hotel I think). In particular, it was very popular with US army men during the first Gulf war.

oh thanks...by the sounds of it, i haven't missed anything, lol...

MM, xx

Inselaffen Jan 16th 2008 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5797074)
oh thanks...by the sounds of it, i haven't missed anything, lol...

MM, xx

it does sound a bit more classy than your usual spit and sawdust type place!