Dubai Job offer

Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Job offer

Originally Posted by Meow
Ball park for intermediate cover with a decent company with no restrictions on hospitals/clinics and good at dealing with claims, you are looking at a premium from £320 per month for all of you. Comprehensive cover will obviously be more, but this is absolutely not something that you want to do on the cheap.
humm... I think I'm overpaying. I'm sure my group policy costs more than that.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
humm... I think I'm overpaying. I'm sure my group policy costs more than that.
Quite possibly if you have comprehensive cover, or are with one of the insurers where you are paying for a name. Or also have maternity cover.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:31 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
yeah, I just checked for Uptown school, the fees in total would be 85,000 dhs, add the rent to that plus the extra costs for the first year would be at least 100,000 so that would be half of the salary gone just for those 2 things and then you haven't even started spending money on everything else....
Plenty of decent (ie. officially rated "Good") schools in Garhoud for half that price, where many of the senior teachers are English but most of the pupils are not. That's very near the airport but inexpensive villas are few and far between. Some nice apartments around Dubai Festival City.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Quite possibly if you have comprehensive cover, or are with one of the insurers where you are paying for a name. Or also have maternity cover.
ah ok. I get all of that and dental, eyes, free annual check ups and all sorts so maybe it's ok.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:45 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

If his wife can find a decent paying job making at least 15,000 a month, the family can swing it on Dubai. But she has to find the job and that's no guarantee in this market.

Dude, does your wife have any qualifications or training?

May I also ask what nationality you are? I gather you're British, but if you're British Indian/Pakistani or another British muslim you actually more options open to you in terms of schooling than a typical white British family. The Indian schools out here are much cheaper and still have fairly high academic standards.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:48 am
Just Joined

paulmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife is currently working at Pre school and has done her NVQ level 2 in child care.

Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulmk
Hi,

My wife is currently working at Pre school and has done her NVQ level 2 in child care.

Cheers
so she wouldn't earn much here at all either. I agree with Meow I think the school fees will cripple you in the end, and they go up annually
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:39 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so she wouldn't earn much here at all either. I agree with Meow I think the school fees will cripple you in the end, and they go up annually
yup - at least our medical is paid for by the company!

To the OP - I'd say it's a no, to be honest. The cost of living here is pretty similar to living in London (different sums go on different things), and for example, even though petrol is far cheaper here, you meed more of it. Dubai's not a place to be living on the breadline.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

paulmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.

Yes, I am a British Indian and details and costs of other schools would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulmk
Thanks everyone.

Yes, I am a British Indian and details and costs of other schools would be appreciated.

Thanks
I have a feeling that you are not going to listening as it's not what you want to hear...?

For a family of four with kids in schools I would say you need an all in package of 45k / month
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=EmiratesMillhouse;9265615]I have a feeling that you are not going to listening as it's not what you want to hear...?

tutt tutt...
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:31 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/schools-dubai.php
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:33 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling that you are not going to listening as it's not what you want to hear...?

For a family of four with kids in schools I would say you need an all in package of 45k / month
cue Meatloaf...
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Grace O Malley;9265623]

tutt tutt...
the appalling grammar or the content?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
cue Meatloaf...
I only know bat out of hell...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.