Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai international City

Dubai international City

Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:24 am
W10

Default Re: Dubai international City

Originally Posted by lionheart
W10 was saying that the USA has no soul-less communities of the type found here...hence my remark. Last time I looked, Florida was still a part of the USA and had not been ceded to Cuba.
I went to Miami.

Perhaps you might have explored the bits more suited to your needs...

And for pedantry purposes, Florida is also in the Gulf

Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

skeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud of

UHU Funny Yesterday i lost here...............he he he ehhe he he
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:22 am
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point

International City isn't as bad as some make out - generally the people who say it's bad have never been there. I've been here for over six months and it provides what I need in Dubai.

For one, the rent is nice and cheap which is a bonus. The number of small shops and restaurants is growing by the week, there's plenty of options to get something delivered and a pint of milk is only a phone call away. Sure, the restuarants aren't exactly high dining, but are all I need for during the week.

For big shops etc. Festival City is only up the road, or if you really want a Spinneys you can always go into the hell that is Uptown Mirdiff.

TBH, the best part about International City is the noise - or complete lack of it. It's so quiet here. We've had a lie in this morning with the balcony door wide open listening to the birds flying over the lake with the sunshine streaming in. Try doing that in Bur Dubai...
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thb
International City isn't as bad as some make out - generally the people who say it's bad have never been there. I've been here for over six months and it provides what I need in Dubai.

For one, the rent is nice and cheap which is a bonus. The number of small shops and restaurants is growing by the week, there's plenty of options to get something delivered and a pint of milk is only a phone call away. Sure, the restuarants aren't exactly high dining, but are all I need for during the week.

For big shops etc. Festival City is only up the road, or if you really want a Spinneys you can always go into the hell that is Uptown Mirdiff.

TBH, the best part about International City is the noise - or complete lack of it. It's so quiet here. We've had a lie in this morning with the balcony door wide open listening to the birds flying over the lake with the sunshine streaming in. Try doing that in Bur Dubai...
Out of interest, why do you consider Uptown Mirdiff 'hell'?

I am surprised that you say it is so quiet.
I know a couple of people living in CBD who are at their wits end with construction noise next to them - but maybe you are well away from that.

Also, I always had the image of International City having 28 labourers crammed into a studio, which wouldnt naturally give an air of peace. How wrong can you be? Quite a lot, obviously.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:10 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thb
...you can always go into the hell that is Uptown Mirdiff.
Where are Spugsy and Matahari when you need them?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:14 pm
W10

Uptown Mirdiff = the springs on the other side of town