Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai international City

Dubai international City

Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai international City

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
oh dear that must be the end of the world!!
with the temperatures here yes.
there are many compromises made to live here. so for me having a pool was an essential.
and having covered parking is a definite benefit. I had it last summer but won't have it this summer
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
with the temperatures here yes.
there are many compromises made to live here. so for me having a pool was an essential.
and having covered parking is a definite benefit. I had it last summer but won't have it this summer
not so bothered about covered parking...though i haven't had to live without it, so maybe that's easy to say...but agree, pool is an essential...

MM, xx
Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
There is an article in today's Gulf News about the lack of facilities there.
There ain't much there right now but there's more an more popping up each day. Most of the CBD towers of which there are many have the ground floor allocated to shops/restuarants and they are slowly being filled.
Can't say the restuarants i've seen to date have much appeal but haven't eaten in one yet so can't really comment.
I reckon (esp. with the upcoming demolition of half of Satwa) that Int. city will be the new satwa - and satwa is/was the dogs nads.

Sewerage plant to be decommissioned around 2012 if that helps but it's not bothered me in the slightest.

Only gripe is waiting for my building to get DU connection!:curse:

oh....and it takes longer (what with the 21,529 speed bumps) to get to shop in the springs than int. city.
If i actually gave a sh.it about my car there's no way I could live in springs.....don't slow down for them.

Dual carriageway with no direct access onto it...yet needs speed bumps - ridiculous.

Last edited by Jeeper; Apr 6th 2008 at 1:27 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I think that International City is an ok place for single people that are happy for somewhere to be able to dump their stuff and lay their head.

As a previous poster suggested, it may well be the 'new Satwa' with the shops having lots of personality.
Judging by dragonmart it won't take much...
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:37 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
there will be no covered parking, no pool, no Gymn.
Dh50k for a one bed flat....

use the gym and pool every day in the 50 degree heat?

Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:39 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I reckon (esp. with the upcoming demolition of half of Satwa) that Int. city will be the new satwa - and satwa is/was the dogs nads.

They're really going to screw satwa up :-(

I hear Karama is in their sights too...

Living in the Springs is like admitting you've already given up on life.

Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

Harsh words... I know quite a few heavy party people that live in Springs
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by W10

What is wrong with The Springs? I've been there several times and found it well organised, relatively quiet but with good facilities and (above all) green. Would move there if I could afford it and if my misses could drive.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:03 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by W10
Dh50k for a one bed flat....

use the gym and pool every day in the 50 degree heat?
You reckon you can find 1 bed with facilities for 50K? I struggled to find one for 60. And yes, I will be using the gym most days, that's what god invented air con for! The pool may be like a warm bath in the evening though!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:42 am
W10

Originally Posted by admon
Harsh words... I know quite a few heavy party people that live in Springs
harsh but fair...why choose to live in the truman show?

its an awful place from start to finish.

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:43 am
W10

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
You reckon you can find 1 bed with facilities for 50K? I struggled to find one for 60. And yes, I will be using the gym most days, that's what god invented air con for! The pool may be like a warm bath in the evening though!
I know someone who just rented a 1 bed for 51k

but even at 60k its still 15k cheaper than dubai

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by W10
harsh but fair...why choose to live in the truman show?

its an awful place from start to finish.
So your idea of home in Dubai is where.........?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:06 pm
W10

somewhere I can see another person if I walk for 15 mins

I live just off Al Diyafah Road. Without doubt THE best location in Dubai

PROS:
15 mins walk from the beach and the beach road
5 mins walk from more than 20 restaurants selling lots of different cuisines
10 mins walk from the best salad restaurant in Dubai
15 mins walk from several bars
15 mins from the airport and 20 mins from MoE and 20 mins from bur dubai
You can walk to SZR in 20 mins
the hustle and bustle (not to mention the fantastic shopping) of Satwa high street is 10 mins walk
It has character (well until the Dubai 'make everything look like the Springs' campaign comes into effect)

CONS:
None

PS - I also think International City will be an excellent place in about a year to 18 months

Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by W10
somewhere I can see another person if I walk for 15 mins

I live just off Al Diyafah Road. Without doubt THE best location in Dubai

PROS:
15 mins walk from the beach and the beach road
5 mins walk from more than 20 restaurants selling lots of different cuisines
10 mins walk from the best salad restaurant in Dubai
15 mins walk from several bars
15 mins from the airport and 20 mins from MoE and 20 mins from bur dubai
You can walk to SZR in 20 mins
the hustle and bustle (not to mention the fantastic shopping) of Satwa high street is 10 mins walk
It has character (well until the Dubai 'make everything look like the Springs' campaign comes into effect)

CONS:
None

PS - I also think International City will be an excellent place in about a year to 18 months
You like walking obviously. Brave man if you are here in August.

I think it's horses for courses.
Personally I wouldn't choose to live on Al Diyafah, as I prefer to live away from the hustle and bustle. (I don't live at the Springs, I live on a 'local' villa estate).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.