http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...owtopic=112802

Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai house price crash - 41% in Q1 2009

Still more to come I expect.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:43 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna sit and wait to see what that property fcwit Diablo has to say...

Lets see him spin this... coz Alistair Campbell he aint....
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:30 am
meonline

meonline is an unknown quantity at this point

Let’s see the government deny this story as the report comes from a reputable source: Colliers International. Yep, the speculators have left the market and I believe will continue to leave. Expect prices to fall further, and more cooling down of the market to acceptable levels. Dubai could well be a much different place in 2010 economically speaking.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by meonline
Let’s see the government deny this story as the report comes from a reputable source: Colliers International. Yep, the speculators have left the market and I believe will continue to leave. Expect prices to fall further, and more cooling down of the market to acceptable levels. Dubai could well be a much different place in 2010 economically speaking.
so whats the opinion of some of you on here? My current contract expires begining of October, am a bit worried that prices will start going up by then. Thoughts?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:46 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deemi786
so whats the opinion of some of you on here? My current contract expires begining of October, am a bit worried that prices will start going up by then. Thoughts?
Are you having a laugh?!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
Are you having a laugh?!
nope...
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:06 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I'm gonna sit and wait to see what that property fcwit Diablo has to say...

Lets see him spin this... coz Alistair Campbell he aint....

Well, first of all I tend to think that everyone likes to point their finger to Dubai and price fall because they don’t want to think about the situation at home. The situation in UK / USA / Australia is at least the same if not worse than here. I bought an apartment in Perth 2 years back – off plan and cannot sell it for the price I paid 2 years ago. I can still sell my apartment in Dubai for a better price than I paid 2 years ago.

I remember the topic about the ‘bubble burst’ and discussions we had back then. However, my perception was that everyone was saying that the bubble would burst because of un-sustainability of such fast pace development lack of economy basis, etc. etc. There was no mentioning of the world economy going down the toilet and pulling Dubai together with it.

I don’t think that ‘bubble burst’ as discussed on this forum ever happened in Dubai. What we see here seems to be an outcome of the global crash and not because we were over-building; or over pricing in Dubai etc. If the situation in the world was honky dory and we were struggling here – I would surrender, but that’s not the case here as I see it.

As for the 41% of prices going down – I assume we talk about the drop of the ‘selling price’ from the peak back in 2008? At this point in time I am not sure how much of that is the actual value of the properties and how much is contributed to the fact that one cannot get a loan. If the banks offer loans at say 4-5% interest with 5-10% deposit I would think that there would be a few more buyers around. I certainly would be. I just don’t have the money at the moment to buy a few of those apartments even at the risk that the price goes further down.

I am personally very interested to see what happens in May / June / July and to the end of this year. I am interested to see what happens to those who paid apartment say 3 million and now have no money to pay mortgage due to rent price falls (assuming they relied on full rent)? If the guy still owes 2.8M to the bank and bank takes the property I wouldn’t expect the bank to sell it below 2.8M so I cannot see how those properties will go below that price? Unless banks decide to sell it for any price – and that would be good for those waiting with some money left to invest.

I.e., in the first year the guy gets AED 300,000 for rent and he pays the loan. This year he cannot sustain it – he offers it to the tenant for AED 250,000, gets the cheque and cash it in and then runs away leaving the property with the bank (like the cars at the airport). What happens next I am really interested to see.

I rent an apartment for AED 200,000 in JBR. I have no problem if my tenant goes and finds something cheaper. I am fairly positive I’ll find someone to fill in for more money. Born optimistic. Dubai apartments and emirates flights are still half full.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

According to a UBS report, the crash will be around 70% from peak...not surprising when one of the largest lenders has completely stopped providing mortgage loans to expats.

Last edited by IndieG; Apr 29th 2009 at 6:14 am. Reason: grammar
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diablo

I rent an apartment for AED 200,000 in JBR. I have no problem if my tenant goes and finds something cheaper. I am fairly positive I’ll find someone to fill in for more money. Born optimistic. Dubai apartments and emirates flights are still half full.

OMG I got bored half way through reading your post however loved your last sentence "Dubai apartments and emirates flights are still half full"! Wonderful.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, first of all I tend to think that everyone likes to point their finger to Dubai and price fall because they don’t want to think about the situation at home. The situation in UK / USA / Australia is at least the same if not worse than here. I bought an apartment in Perth 2 years back – off plan and cannot sell it for the price I paid 2 years ago. I can still sell my apartment in Dubai for a better price than I paid 2 years ago.

I remember the topic about the ‘bubble burst’ and discussions we had back then. However, my perception was that everyone was saying that the bubble would burst because of un-sustainability of such fast pace development lack of economy basis, etc. etc. There was no mentioning of the world economy going down the toilet and pulling Dubai together with it.

I don’t think that ‘bubble burst’ as discussed on this forum ever happened in Dubai. What we see here seems to be an outcome of the global crash and not because we were over-building; or over pricing in Dubai etc. If the situation in the world was honky dory and we were struggling here – I would surrender, but that’s not the case here as I see it.

As for the 41% of prices going down – I assume we talk about the drop of the ‘selling price’ from the peak back in 2008? At this point in time I am not sure how much of that is the actual value of the properties and how much is contributed to the fact that one cannot get a loan. If the banks offer loans at say 4-5% interest with 5-10% deposit I would think that there would be a few more buyers around. I certainly would be. I just don’t have the money at the moment to buy a few of those apartments even at the risk that the price goes further down.

I am personally very interested to see what happens in May / June / July and to the end of this year. I am interested to see what happens to those who paid apartment say 3 million and now have no money to pay mortgage due to rent price falls (assuming they relied on full rent)? If the guy still owes 2.8M to the bank and bank takes the property I wouldn’t expect the bank to sell it below 2.8M so I cannot see how those properties will go below that price? Unless banks decide to sell it for any price – and that would be good for those waiting with some money left to invest.

I.e., in the first year the guy gets AED 300,000 for rent and he pays the loan. This year he cannot sustain it – he offers it to the tenant for AED 250,000, gets the cheque and cash it in and then runs away leaving the property with the bank (like the cars at the airport). What happens next I am really interested to see.

I think you are on the right track re: the reasons why the dubai property market has declined i.e. the global economy for anyone who can't connect the dots.
but I would change what you said slightly and attribute PART of the current situation to over-speculation.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
I and attribute PART of the current situation to over-speculation.
Yep, a major part.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:13 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
I think you are on the right track re: the reasons why the dubai property market has declined i.e. the global economy for anyone who can't connect the dots.
but I would change what you said slightly and attribute PART of the current situation to over-speculation.
regardless, one could argue that the Crash has burst all the various bubbles around the world and so an economy that was relying on being one big bubble and formulating "strategies" based on that fact is pretty doomed.

Over-speculation was part of the "strategy"... as is basing your economy on property and tourism, both of which are great when the cash is flowing, but the first things to go when it's not.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's your justification for claiming that the economy elsewhere (UK, Australia and the US) is in worse conditions than out here?

Unemployment? Well, the US is at 8% and climbing, but I bet it's probably now higher in Dubai. Or perhaps since most of the unemployed leave the country, it isn't factored into the official unemployed figures?

Housing price declines? Prices have dropped 50% in Dubai already. That's far worse than in the UK or the US. House prices there have decidedly not dropped 50%. For most markets the decline is around 25-30%, and now the first state to be badly hit, California, is seeing home sales increase.

As Kitty pointed out, Dubai's economic strategy was closely tied to property speculation and the continued growth of the property boom. I saw estimations that close to half of the Dubai GDP was dependent on the property sector. That means Dubai is hardly a diversified economy and this country is a classic example of putting so many eggs into one basket out of greed. That basket has completely unraveled, and it may be years, even decades, before prices reach the 2008 level. After all, one only has to look at Japan and Taiwan to see places where property prices are still below their 1989 peak values at the height of the Japanese real estate boom.

Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

is this the 4 bed place that you expect to rent for 200k?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.