Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Hotel rebranded....

Dubai Hotel rebranded....

Old Aug 31st 2006, 2:46 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dubai Hotel rebranded....

Interesting bit of trivia that will help prevent any confusion (of which there is bound to be alot as this is a landmark hotel!)

Flückiger appointed GM Radisson SAS Hotel Deira, Dubai Creek

Andreas Flückiger has been appointed General Manager of Radisson SAS Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek, part of the first-class brand of the fast-growing Rezidor SAS Hospitality. The property is currently the InterContinenal Hotel Dubai, an established landmark on the Deira Creekside and will be re-branded Radisson SAS as of 1 October this year.

Flückiger, a Swiss national, has extensive international hospitality industry experience, having held numerous food and beverage positions in Europe, South America and Asia. He takes up his new role following four years as General Manager of Radisson SAS Hotel, Kuwait.

“Andreas’s knowledge of the region and of Radisson SAS will be a real asset to the hotel, especially during the re-branding phase of the property,” said Jean-Marc Busato, Vice President Middle East, Rezidor SAS Hospitality.

“This will be our second Radisson SAS in Dubai and with the support of the management team, we look forward to sharing our values including the ‘Yes I Can!’ spirit and 100% guest satisfaction guarantee with employees and guests.” Radisson SAS Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek has 287 guest-rooms, including 39 suites, 16 food and beverage outlets as well as meeting and events facilities. The property is popular with business travellers and the GCC leisure market.
Goodbye Intercon
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Hotel rebranded....

hey man, long time no see...so how's it going?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:58 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
hey man, long time no see...so how's it going?
All lgood thanks, Bob

Hows Wilkes and Flint?

I'm over in Atlanta at the mo on a short holiday. Then back to Dubai to wrap up my job, then off to London in the 1st week of Oct for my MBA.

How are things with you? :-)
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
Hows Wilkes and Flint?

I'm over in Atlanta at the mo on a short holiday. Then back to Dubai to wrap up my job, then off to London in the 1st week of Oct for my MBA.

How are things with you? :-)
yeah, the little guys are both good

So Atlanta huh...odd choice *lol*...and how long you back in dxb? and luck with the MBA...so where abouts you doing that?

And things here are good, I'm working on the new project, so not nearly as hectic as the guys that are working on Caesar IV...so that's cool, it's good stuff so far
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:28 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah, the little guys are both good

So Atlanta huh...odd choice *lol*...and how long you back in dxb? and luck with the MBA...so where abouts you doing that?

And things here are good, I'm working on the new project, so not nearly as hectic as the guys that are working on Caesar IV...so that's cool, it's good stuff so far
The brother studies here, so I thought I would have a holiday as well... Nice and relaxing and the weather is fantastic - lashing rain and all!

Will be back in DXB for a month, then off to Greenwich for my MBA.

Caesar IV - wow... I played the original, which was bloody brilliant till I ran out of memory! he he

Any idea on when Sim City 5 is out? The City of Arabia, from Dubai, is a demo city on that version
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Face81
The brother studies here, so I thought I would have a holiday as well... Nice and relaxing and the weather is fantastic - lashing rain and all!

Will be back in DXB for a month, then off to Greenwich for my MBA.

Caesar IV - wow... I played the original, which was bloody brilliant till I ran out of memory! he he

Any idea on when Sim City 5 is out? The City of Arabia, from Dubai, is a demo city on that version
hehe...fair enough *lol*...so what's he studying out here?

Sim city, there looking for a year turn around, so guessing sometime next year...it should be pretty cool...and for C4...if you get a chance to play it, look closely, there's some amusing hidden stuff around