Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai - good or bad

Dubai - good or bad

Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai - good or bad

Originally Posted by Meow
You, upper class? But you are Scottish!
yes, the pioneers of the modern world..
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:19 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You, upper class? But you are Scottish!
it's no the Scottish part, it's that he's fae Arbroath that's the problem, ken.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
it's no the Scottish part, it's that he's fae Arbroath that's the problem, ken.

so you have visited Scotlands most historic landmark then?

oh and its aberdonians and highlanders who say ken..

shall i email you a map?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
so you have visited Scotlands most historic landmark then?

oh and its aberdonians and highlanders who say ken..

shall i email you a map?
I thought posh scotsmen have english accents?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:32 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
they would have if such thing existed...
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by al dente
actually i do, it comes from elecution lessons at BRNC Dartmouth dont you know. One had to improve ones table mannerisms for dining with Timothy and Andrew
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MataHari
they would have if such thing existed...
see the UK has a class system, the dutch simply have no class..
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:17 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
see the UK has a class system, the dutch simply have no class..
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

It absolutely sucks one day and it's great the next...

One day I call it quits and swear i'm going to leave....the next i'm telling people i'll be here for another couple of years yet......

it's a love it or hate it place as someone said. I love it AND hate it.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

evolution is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by azulniew
Hi

I may have a job offer in Dubai but am getting mixed signals on here and in the News about whether Dubai is a good place to be.

Putting the tax free money to one side can you give us an idea on what you think are the good and bad points about working and living in Dubai?

Thanks
go now its a beautiful country
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point

azulniew - i am sooo with you if you are confused from what has been written on this thread ........

Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by evolution
go now its a beautiful country
you are taking the piss.....Dubai, or the UAE is certainly not a 'beautiful' country..the only beauty is some of the lovely gardening that workers who are treated like the shit of your shoe spend back breaking hours trying to keep nice. For once id like to see some people othrow something else apart from thier bank balance into their country. like actually see one of them picking up litter, or sweeping thier streets, or washing peoples cars to make the place look nicer...alas it will never happen when they have people they can pay peanuts to do it for them. i mean i remember a few years ago it was front page news that a couple of nationals were working in a hotel kitchen. whoop de ping. i bet they dropped the overall efficiency of the kitchen tenfold, but at least they are having an attempt at being normal humans contributing to thier community

and that is coming from someone who actually likes it here. hell i make a good living and get a free house. The downside is that the place is a bit of a strange place, from the most extravagance to the most poverty i have seen in my life, and by allah i have been to some shitholes.

if you want a piece of the highlife, make sure you have a good deal from your company or you will find all the things that you are sold on by the marketing department of Dubai PLC (copyright eeyore) are way out of your reach.

Last edited by arbroath_abroad; Jul 27th 2008 at 6:43 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:44 pm