Dubai to go dry?

Old Oct 28th 2010, 5:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to go dry?

Originally Posted by lionheart
Isn't that Feline Friends Ball this weekend? Is it still on?
You're not going, so why do you care?

And for others, yes it is still on
Old Oct 28th 2010, 6:42 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
You're not going, so why do you care?
And you know that, how exactly? Some friends have invited us to join them, but so far we have been unable to find a baby sitter that my wife feels comfortable with.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

A list of cancelled events is available here.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/so...poned-1.702453
Old Oct 28th 2010, 8:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by coffindodger
A list of cancelled events is available here.
Damnabbit, The Toys “R” Us fancy dress competition scheduled for Oct 29 & 30 has been cancelled...just my luck!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 8:46 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

And you know that, how exactly? Some friends have invited us to join them, but so far we have been unable to find a baby sitter that my wife feels comfortable with.
You complained that the tickets were too expensive. The fact that you hate spending money is rather well known around these parts.

It'd be great if you do make it.

Last edited by Meow; Oct 28th 2010 at 8:49 am.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:20 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maximuss
im sure YOU ALL can survive 7 days without booze and music, if not then you have chosen the wrong place to come and live. Its so selfish when we think about ourselves and others are mourning and suffering especially when they have welcomed you to their home and pay you good tax free money.
Hey, shit fer brains...I'll give up booze for as long as you give up breathing! Does that work for you?
Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:22 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Hey, shit fer brains...I'll give up booze for as long as you give up breathing! Does that work for you?
I'll drink to that. (That doesn't quite work, does it?)
Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:24 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'll drink to that. (That doesn't quite work, does it?)
Does for me!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

ad rugby tournament cancelled on friday by the looks of it, only playing on saturday now, not sure how they will fit it all in.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 12:00 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

im sure YOU ALL can survive 7 days without booze and music, if not then you have chosen the wrong place to come and live. Its so selfish when we think about ourselves and others are mourning and suffering especially when they have welcomed you to their home and pay you good tax free money.
Blimey - most people just want to know if they have to make alternative plans this weekend or not. I think most of us can survive without booze. I doubt many people will really be mourning - it's more a sign of respect from the other emirates to RAK than anything else. Not sure about being made to feel welcome either - we're more a needed evil than a welcome addition for many here.

N.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 2:26 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Im off to Musandam, staying at the golden Tulip and going scuba diving, yipppeeeeeee.

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get there?
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx
Presumably if it's booze but no music the weekends Halloween parties are all going to get canned? And there was me ready to face up to my pathological hatred of going to 'fancy dress' parties.
In answer to my own questions, not they're not all cancelled, the Nasimi Beach Party is still on. Fancy dress here I come - woohoo!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by glynster
Im off to Musandam, staying at the golden Tulip and going scuba diving, yipppeeeeeee.
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get there?
You pass Dubai International Airport and take a left, heading north until the road stops.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, someone has to ask that dumb question every time.
It's like the sad sack who has to make a wisecrack about women drivers and can't help himself.
Like the dad who makes a comment about how quickly the girls grow up when at the sixth grade gymnastics display, some people have to act inappropriately in order to assert their own delusions of being unconventional mavericks and not mindless members of the herd.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:37 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

You pass Dubai International Airport and take a left, heading north until the road stops.
Thanks Lionheart but i will be setting off from Mirduff.

I hear you follow emirats rd to rak, then at clock roundabout take a right and then ask someone!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.