British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai gives and then sucks it all back in - agree or not is the pressing question? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-gives-then-sucks-all-back-agree-not-pressing-question-483188/)

piccassoo Sep 24th 2007 1:47 pm

Dubai gives and then sucks it all back in - agree or not is the pressing question?

So we bend our backs making this city great and get priced out in terms of housing...what we earn gets right back in to the system through high rentals...no deals (in living here) to be had I guess...why are we all here then? lets colonize a new place...build a country in the middle of the ocean and do what we did in dubai...and get first rights to rental rates...atleast that way we can (in our lifetimes) get an awesome place within reasonable rates...the city will take care of itself...btw...the idea is copyrighted to moi!;);)

maranelloman Sep 24th 2007 2:17 pm

Re: Dubai gives and then sucks it all back in - agree or not is the pressing question

Originally Posted by piccassoo (Post 5348655)
So we bend our backs making this city great and get priced out in terms of housing...what we earn gets right back in to the system through high rentals...no deals (in living here) to be had I guess...why are we all here then? lets colonize a new place...build a country in the middle of the ocean and do what we did in dubai...and get first rights to rental rates...atleast that way we can (in our lifetimes) get an awesome place within reasonable rates...the city will take care of itself...btw...the idea is copyrighted to moi!;);)

It was the high living costs that made me decide to go for Saudi over dubai. Need to think about savings too.

Cham128 Sep 24th 2007 2:32 pm

Re: Dubai gives and then sucks it all back in - agree or not is the pressing question

Originally Posted by piccassoo (Post 5348655)

we could make something like the palm but call it the union jack... would have to be in the med or somewhere warm though... the north sea just doesn't cut it for me...

maranelloman Sep 24th 2007 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 5348852)
we could make something like the palm but call it the union jack... would have to be in the med or somewhere warm though... the north sea just doesn't cut it for me...

Did you hear about that guy who took over an outpost eat of England. He called it Sealand and its an official country. Crap weather though.

Cham128 Sep 24th 2007 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by maranelloman (Post 5348871)
Did you hear about that guy who took over an outpost eat of England. He called it Sealand and its an official country. Crap weather though.

we could do the next version of that with better weather and call it New Sealand... :rofl:

there's a guy in western austrailia that found a loophole in the law so created his own country called "hutt river principality" and even gave himself the title of Prince Leonard... he basically did it for tax reasons but they have their own visas and passports etc...

so as we're on the idea of this new place at the early stages... do we get royalty titles?

piccassoo Sep 24th 2007 2:46 pm

its all idea driven, so yes, royalties are up for grabs...but make them ideas good! sucker ideas get naddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...god ideas get kuddos...but lets find ourselves a CEO, to make it all fall in to place...has to be a tropical place though...lets go do it!:thumbup:

Confucius Sep 24th 2007 2:48 pm

You kids are most probably watching waaaay lot of Science-fiction movies...

piccassoo Sep 24th 2007 3:24 pm

Hey!!! read this chinese style: "Confusious say, man who sleep with dirty ass-a-hole, wake up with smelly fingah"...

save the pessimism mate...thats why we lost out and the rentals in dubai went soaring:)

Confucius Sep 24th 2007 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by piccassoo (Post 5349028)
Hey!!! read this chinese style: "Confusious say, man who sleep with dirty ass-a-hole, wake up with smelly fingah"...

save the pessimism mate...thats why we lost out and the rentals in dubai went soaring:)

Picachu, if you see the lion's teeth,don't ever think that it's smiling at you...

rushey Sep 24th 2007 3:51 pm

Piccassoo, if Dubai was soooo great way back when, why didnt you buy as oposed to rent :confused::confused:

I find if you put your money where your mouth is you tend to be less bitter later down the line.

R.

Patsy Stoned Sep 24th 2007 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by piccassoo (Post 5349028)

For somebody who hasn't even got here yet you are using the "We" word a little liberally!!:frown:
Conf is prob the least pessimistic person I know actually:D

Confucius Sep 24th 2007 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 5349116)
For somebody who hasn't even got here yet you are using the "We" word a little liberally!!:frown:
Conf is prob the least pessimistic person I know actually:D

Aye...You're absolutely right...I just get nervous and fidgety...

Patsy Stoned Sep 24th 2007 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5349125)
Aye...You're absolutely right...I just get nervous and fidgety...

yes but the rash is getting better no? Did you use the cream the Dr.gave you?

Confucius Sep 24th 2007 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 5349130)
yes but the rash is getting better no? Did you use the cream the Dr.gave you?

I spread it on strawberries and ate them all up...

Patsy Stoned Sep 24th 2007 4:00 pm

It will be the strawberries that gave you the rash and made you edgy then!!:D