Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai: Furnishings........

Dubai: Furnishings........

Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Justo80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai: Furnishings........

Hi, I've recently found out that I'm moving to Dubai with work for 3 years and they've set up an apartment for me. Unfortunately the apartment is unfurnished. Does anyone have any idea if there are companies out there that will furnish it for me or will I have to shop for all of the individual bits? Beds/Wardrobes/Tables/Chairs/etc....

Cheers

Nervous Jus!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai: Furnishings........

Originally Posted by Justo80
Hi, I've recently found out that I'm moving to Dubai with work for 3 years and they've set up an apartment for me. Unfortunately the apartment is unfurnished. Does anyone have any idea if there are companies out there that will furnish it for me or will I have to shop for all of the individual bits? Beds/Wardrobes/Tables/Chairs/etc....

Cheers

Nervous Jus!
won't they pay for you to ship any stuff out...? there are companies who do this, but you pay over the odds for the service and furniture here can be pretty reasonable...

MM, xx
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:29 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Nervous Jus!
Theres a place called mall of emirates, theres LOADS of furniture shops there, cheap and also on the top level more expensive. You'll find what you need there, if not there's a wicked place in Sharjah called 'luckies', they bring stuff over from india, solid teak, sandlewood etc, you pick it then they fumigate it, french polish it and deliver it in 3 weeks for you,its amazing stuff and at least half what you would pay in the shops.

Go to 'search' function and do a search for furniture mate, you'll find the threads on there with all the info.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

I've been advised it'd be pretty cheap to just get a company in to furnish the place for me.........Had a look on the internet but they are few and far between and pretty pricey! Shipping isn't an option as I've rented my place out furnished.

The pain is I need everything and won't really have the time or the inspriation to get it done when I'm there! Picture/cutlery/etc...all the silly stuff.

I guess I'll just have to start trawling the markets as soon as i get there.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:43 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been advised it'd be pretty cheap to just get a company in to furnish the place for me.........Had a look on the internet but they are few and far between and pretty pricey! Shipping isn't an option as I've rented my place out furnished.

The pain is I need everything and won't really have the time or the inspriation to get it done when I'm there! Picture/cutlery/etc...all the silly stuff.

I guess I'll just have to start trawling the markets as soon as i get there.
we got all our cutlery, crockery from ikea, it's all you need really - it's not as if we've got the queen coming over for sausage casserole or owt.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

You never know

It'd be nice to be able to say to a UK company, 'Here's my address in Dubai, i need beds, cupboards, wardrobes, all the essentials' and arrive there with it all sorted though.

I might quit this job and start a company!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:36 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Nervous Jus!
The wife has PM'd you as she works for a company here that does just that!!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:49 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

"The wife" may well have PM'ed Justo80 (using "the husband's" login at home, presumably ), but can Justo80 access PMs at the moment? Don't you have to have made five posts first? Or can you read PMs but just not send any yourself until you've made five forum posts?

Yes I can... from 'The Wife' xx

Last edited by Eeyore; Jul 8th 2008 at 3:24 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Just opicked up the PM, thanks!
Old Jul 26th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Bajen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eeyore
The wife has PM'd you as she works for a company here that does just that!!
hiya, can you also send me the name of the fit-out company your wife works for. thanks
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:14 pm
Soupy twist

Originally Posted by Bajen
hiya, can you also send me the name of the fit-out company your wife works for. thanks
You have a PM (private message).

Just for info, you may need to post a minimum of five times before you can access them (3 more to go!).
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Bajen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eeyore
You have a PM (private message).

Just for info, you may need to post a minimum of five times before you can access them (3 more to go!).
Thanks, i am new, so will pick the pm up when i had posted a few more times