Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai free beaches...?

Dubai free beaches...?

Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

QTtalkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai free beaches...?

Im moving across to Dubai in August but people have been telling me that I shouldn't go to any of the free beaches because theyr'e fitlhy and some of the workers go there to wash etc...? I was also told by someone that they paid £40 for herself and one other to go on one of the private beaches? I understand that this is all hearsay but can anyone help clear up what the situation actually is regarding beaches? Are there free beaches which are safe and clean to use?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai free beaches...?

sorry but a lot of the free beaches are being dug up for development, the one up by the burj etc is still there, but i live in ad but ja and ghantoot ones will be disappearing under concrete pretty soon.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You need only pay 50p for a carload of people to use Al Mamzar Beach Park with its selection of five safe and sandy beaches, swimming pool and BBQ area. No idea where the 40 quid beach is
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:09 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

The beach next to the Burj is ok and there are a few dotted along the coast on the way to Jumeirah. There is Jumeirah Beach Park which costs 5dhs per person or 20 Dhs per car to go in and there is the Open Beach in Jumeirah which is free. GBP 40 beaches will be the entrance fee to some of the beach hotels, this usually includes the daily use of the facilities and lunch. HTH
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

5 dhs for entrance to Jumeirah Beach park....it's lovely there

as for the 'some of the workers go there to wash'...wtf is that all about...
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

QTtalkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
5 dhs for entrance to Jumeirah Beach park....it's lovely there

as for the 'some of the workers go there to wash'...wtf is that all about...
i know - i did wonder the same when i was told!!! No idea but my mates bf was over there working and thats what he had seemingly said! Ahwell!