Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai is fantastic because.....

Dubai is fantastic because.....

Old May 14th 2005, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dubai is fantastic because.....

Originally Posted by W10
Tourism expected to be boosted by 48% in the next 12 months. The campaign is based around a picture of me and the slogan "C*m in Dubai".

To supplement the ad campaign, Nakheel are going to announce a project to build the largest ever statue of W10 in the world. They claim you will be able to see it from Uranus(PMSL). It's going to cost DH4768bn but will be completed by July 2005. You'll be able to buy apartments in my nipples with a view of the palm.

Emaar are going to build the worlds largest housing estate in the shape of my gay goatee beard. It will be the size of Wales, with a lake the size of Bournemouth in the middle and 45 golf courses. You'll be able to choose from any one of three designs if you want to buy one of the 120,000 houses.

Point taken on the social life - but I'd be bankrupt if I went out five times a week in London

PMSL
You magnificent bast*rd,you finally convinced them to do it.......
Old May 14th 2005, 5:01 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

superkings are only 23 AED for 200 and I don't pay tax.
Old May 14th 2005, 5:06 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
It's also great when like me you are home alone with two small children and hubby jetting around, never hit the social scene except attending school events, kids B'day parties and parks with free entrance and make 100% use of the communal pool, do the cleaning yourself and battle cancer.

DUBAI HAS SAVED MY LIFE AND I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR HAVING BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE TO LIVE HERE NO MATTER UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES AND FOR HOW LONG. The sun is shining on me almost every morning and it makes it so easy to smile back and enjoy everything and everyone that comes my way.

congrads. I'm glad it works out for you. . I like the sun shining every day too.
Old May 14th 2005, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Not too many countries will welcome you with arms open and let you prosper while living in it.
From the first day I came to Dubai,I love it.
Old May 14th 2005, 5:13 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

.............. I've never met such a friendly bunch of expats.

Thanks to you all, you know who you are.
Old May 14th 2005, 5:13 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shoushou
Not too many countries will welcome you with arms open and let you prosper while living in it.
From the first day I came to Dubai,I love it.
You've had a good experience then....arms open...ummmmmm...prosper? okay.
Old May 14th 2005, 5:14 pm
Restless soul

Originally Posted by MJC

Thanks MJC!!!!
Old May 14th 2005, 5:17 pm
Restless soul

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
I'm a long way from my mother in law!

Haha! She's not that bad is she? You love her really!
Old May 14th 2005, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by samireh

Always positive Sami.Always positive.Remember,it could get worse,it could be raining.....
Old May 14th 2005, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MJC

Hi MJC,how goes it??????????
Old May 14th 2005, 7:58 pm
W10

Originally Posted by sassy
Just read about the Trevor Macdonald programme the other night thats being talked about in the New Zealand forum anti-social behaviour....

Now you just know that ain't gonna happen here in Dubai...........

Anti-social behaviour only comes in three forms in Dubai:

1, Drunk adults
2, local kids
3, Drivers

Old May 14th 2005, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by samireh
Thats what they tell us on the radio....
Old May 15th 2005, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by W10
Anti-social behaviour only comes in three forms in Dubai:

1, Drunk adults
2, local kids
3, Drivers

Common, isn't that the fun and adrenalin that keeps us going every day? How boring if we couldn't let out some gestures and frustrations at others. I love all three points even though I don't drink myself, I don't have a problem with those who do. They make an intresting breed. Local kids? Wonderful, make mine look like angels. If I couldn't compare it would be mine who would be labeled brats. Drivers? Fantastic, you can't beat them? Join them!
Old May 15th 2005, 5:49 am
Long Member

lewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Dubai is fantastic because.....

cos I Live Here !!!! :d
Old May 15th 2005, 7:08 am
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of

In a good mood today....

1. Tax free!
2. Live near the ocean
3. Very international, have met people from so many interesting places!
4. IKEA will assemble the furniture for you
5. Met new great new friends that I will know & love for ever
6. HAve a chance to study full time without actually loosing money
7. The weather is reliable, I can get dressed without having to check the thermometer first
8. Gas is cheaper than water
9. I can have my car washed every day for 100 dhs a month
10. Blue sky
11. Quiz night
12. They pack your bags at Spinneys
13. Ladies night!!!
14. Blue sky. Every day.
15. The few days of rain are just a nice change
16. Good opportunity for new business ideas
17. My in-laws are far away
18. Never have to wear a winter coat, or long-johns
19. It is safe
20. Most people are very friendly
21. Broadens my perspective on life, not just seeing the same old people from the same old town back home
22. It forces you to open up to new cultures,- at your doorstep
23. We have job-perks that we would never have back home
24. We have more time for each other than before moving here
25. Did I mention Tax Free?

Jamila

With good assistance from LG!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.