Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Explorer book

Dubai Explorer book

Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:00 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Explorer book

i just bought this book
Dubai Explorer 8th edition
ISBN 976-8182-47-4

what a book. its bloody fantastic, has as much info as several forums and at half the effort brilliant thats all i can say ,if like me yuor moving out or planning it u need to have a look at this book.

disclaimer, ok im not there yet so it may prove uselesss but it does repeat a lot of stuff which helpful people have told me.
i will keep updating this thread as i find out whats true and useful and whats not
anyone heard if this book is as good as it looks?
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:06 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Re: Dubai Explorer book

Originally Posted by shiva
i just bought this book
ISBN 976-8182-47-4

what a book. its bloody fantastic, has as much info as several forums and at half the effort brilliant thats all i can say ,if like me yuor moving out or planning it u need to have a look at this book.

disclaimer, ok im not there yet so it may prove uselesss but it does repeat a lot of stuff which helpful people have told me.
i will keep updating this thread as i find out whats true and useful and whats not
That book is indeed bloody fantastic. When I was moving to Dubai, I used three sources of information: Dubai Explorer, Zappy Explorer and the www.ExpatWoman.com web-site. All invaluable. Once out there, Time Out and Connector magazines are handy too.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:19 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shiva
i just bought this book
ISBN 976-8182-47-4

Interesting thread........real good waste of cyber space.....brill chris! lol

Yeah the book is brilliant and all, but like CP and Joe have said in the past, its only once u r actually standing out under the Dubai Sun can u really get a feel for the place. Books and guides are fantastic, but nothing beats the real McCoy!

Anywho, if u need any q's answered, fire away and we will c if we can sort u out. Enjoy ur new book.

-Face81
Old Oct 8th 2004, 3:12 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
Interesting thread........real good waste of cyber space.....brill chris! lol
Books and guides are fantastic, but nothing beats the real McCoy!
Anywho, if u need any q's answered, fire away and we will c if we can sort u out. Enjoy ur new book.

-Face81
Face, we know you are the human version of the Dubai Explorer...so please do not be jealous of this humble publication We accept that you are the ultimate authority on Dubai
Old Oct 9th 2004, 6:04 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Face, we know you are the human version of the Dubai Explorer...so please do not be jealous of this humble publication We accept that you are the ultimate authority on Dubai
LOL ........I am glad that someone finally noticed. hahahaha

-Face81
Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:48 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

LOL ........I am glad that someone finally noticed. hahahaha

-Face81
he is the editor! lol

also when bored with book it makes a great doorstop as it is so bloody heavy. please note £48 excess bagagge costs coming back to UK last week!
Old Oct 9th 2004, 4:33 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
he is the editor! lol

also when bored with book it makes a great doorstop as it is so bloody heavy. please note £48 excess bagagge costs coming back to UK last week!
How did u find out about that? LOL

AED 312! Wot the hell did u have in ur lugguge? i hope u didnt fall for that rock of Dubai souvenir? hehehehe

-Face81
Old Oct 9th 2004, 9:23 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

How did u find out about that? LOL

AED 312! Wot the hell did u have in ur lugguge? i hope u didnt fall for that rock of Dubai souvenir? hehehehe

-Face81
erm.. every book possible on Maktpoum and his horses for my mom!!!
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:21 am
The Oracle

erm.. every book possible on Maktpoum and his horses for my mom!!!
Thats nice.......did u ever consider buying it on cd or sommat?

The Maktoums are the ruling family of Dubai m8, although I do agree that its just the 1 fella that runs the show.

-Face81
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:05 pm
The 5th Amendment

Thats nice.......did u ever consider buying it on cd or sommat?

The Maktoums are the ruling family of Dubai m8, although I do agree that its just the 1 fella that runs the show.

-Face81
hmm CD... well she likes the paper!

This is turning into public service radio!! Imagine the amount of stuff people are just learning from all insane conversations... hmm but remeber you told me about vehciles with all black with the plates starting with the digit 8 or 9... probably an interent version as well....
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:43 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

This is turning into public service radio!! Imagine the amount of stuff people are just learning from all insane conversations... hmm but remeber you told me about vehciles with all black with the plates starting with the digit 8 or 9... probably an interent version as well....
Its a good thing that we can all translate your english Joe!!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 6:37 am
The 5th Amendment

[QUOTE=Heart of gold]Its a good thing that we can all translate your english Joe!! [/QUOTE

yesit is !!! lol

what email adress are u using now? let meknow.... I have 2 or 3 different ones.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 7:31 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=joseph.creative]
Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Its a good thing that we can all translate your english Joe!! [/QUOTE

yesit is !!! lol

what email adress are u using now? let meknow.... I have 2 or 3 different ones.
where did you get the 3rd from I only have two and I use .. WILL PM YOU

Last edited by Heart of gold; Oct 11th 2004 at 5:03 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:09 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
OMG now its there for al to see ... ah well never mind, if I get inundated with crap then I can out ppl on block.. Would aprreciate that info on dreamweaver pls
check out http://www. macromedia.com for some tutorial files

will give you some more links later when at home and also will give u alist of Books at McGrudy's to buy.... bring a credit card with a decent limit!!! nah.. couple of bookd at about £30 each should be fine!!!

also u using mac or PC?

and would suggest you edit ur post before every weirdo going emails u....
Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:44 pm
The Oracle

LOL........maybe we cud start a radio show.......the stations here are always looking to add new shows. might be a laugh, cud b worth looking into wen u get back out here. Heaven knows wot people cud learn if we took the air waves too! hahahaha

-Face81