Reload this Page >

Dubai Employment contract termination Dubai

Dubai Employment contract termination Dubai

Old Jul 2nd 2022, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

JF93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Employment contract termination Dubai

Hello everyone,

I am just wondering about the legal consequences after signing an Employment Contract in Dubai (UAE) with a local school, and let's say I will find a better offer from Europe and take that offer and not showing up to the job in Dubai later on in September? If so, I will email the Dubai school ASAP that I will not be able to join them in Dubai. No money, laptop, visa etc has been given/arranged for me. Could there be any legal consequences?

Thank you!
Old Jul 4th 2022, 7:23 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Employment contract termination Dubai

Originally Posted by JF93
Hello everyone,

I am just wondering about the legal consequences after signing an Employment Contract in Dubai (UAE) with a local school, and let's say I will find a better offer from Europe and take that offer and not showing up to the job in Dubai later on in September? If so, I will email the Dubai school ASAP that I will not be able to join them in Dubai. No money, laptop, visa etc has been given/arranged for me. Could there be any legal consequences?

Thank you!
It seems unlikely there would be legal consequences as you haven't started, been sponsored by them, nor has any money etc been given. But it would be a courtesy to inform them immediately and state the reasons why you won't be able to join so they can make alternative arrangements...or perhaps make you a better offer.

What does the contract that you have signed state about cancellation?

N.
Old Jul 4th 2022, 8:40 am
Just Joined

JF93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai Employment contract termination Dubai

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. There is nothing there in the contract about cancelation of contract. Just saying that the first 6 months is the probation period and both sides could terminate the agreement with a 14 days notice.

Thank you