Dubai Dubai

Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Andrew37 is on a distinguished road
Question Dubai Dubai

Hi All,

I am about to accept a job in Dubai for a few years having never worked outside the uk before.
Has anyone got any advice on bank accounts and getting money back to the uk on a monthly basis ? Do I open a local account ? can I transfer money to a Natwest current account here in the uk ?

Any other advice you can give me before I jump on the plane ?

Oh and what about getting a decent tan ? is that permitted in the UAE ?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Dubai

Welcome to the site...well first read the FAQ's, plenty of info there to help you out with bank accounts etc....
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:30 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Andrew37
Hi All,

I am about to accept a job in Dubai for a few years having never worked outside the uk before.
Has anyone got any advice on bank accounts and getting money back to the uk on a monthly basis ? Do I open a local account ? can I transfer money to a Natwest current account here in the uk ?

Hiya Andrew. Welcome to the forum.

Just sent u a PM answering ur q's. Bob is right aswell.... the FAQ's are really full of useful info. They are worth a read.

Enjoy the forum. F.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:44 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Just want to say welcome on the board. Have sent u a 'K'...
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

You can use your Nat West cards in the machines until you get your account set up, read the PM and the FAQ's first.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:32 am
Banned

Candour is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

For the UK funds, set up an offshore account with Allied Irish.

Their account allows you to pay all your UK bills via direct debit whilst giving you tax free growth on the interest (whilst you are outside the EU)