Dubai to Doha

Old Jun 11th 2019, 7:43 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Tahitian Village
Posts: 285
Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai to Doha

I am very worried about fellow member DXBtoDOH. The police here have no record of him anywhere.
Standanista is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2019, 3:23 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,252
DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Moved back to UK. But may be moving again. Rumblings of being sent to the US are occurring at the moment.

DXBtoDOH is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 6:27 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Tahitian Village
Posts: 285
Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Good luck fella. Enjoyed the banter on the Sadd thread.
Standanista is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2019, 12:05 am
  #4  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 23,201
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
Moved back to UK. But may be moving again. Rumblings of being sent to the US are occurring at the moment.
Where in the US?
Scamp is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:07 am
  #5  
Millhouse is not a meme
 
Millhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Disneyland, Dubai
Posts: 15,052
Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Where in the US?
And will we be invited to the wedding?
Millhouse is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2019, 1:17 am
  #6  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 23,201
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post


And will we be invited to the wedding?
I was going to ask a few more questions before diving in but yes....
Scamp is offline  
Old Jun 26th 2019, 3:33 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,252
DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Where in the US?
Not determined yet. There are dozens and dozens of offices across the US. The more likely contenders include Boston, Philadelphia, DC and Tampa based on higher concentrations of key staff in my field in those offices. Probably would come down to either Boston or Philadelphia.

I wouldn't mind some place like Los Angeles but beggars can't be choosers.
DXBtoDOH is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2019, 6:34 am
  #8  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 23,201
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
Not determined yet. There are dozens and dozens of offices across the US. The more likely contenders include Boston, Philadelphia, DC and Tampa based on higher concentrations of key staff in my field in those offices. Probably would come down to either Boston or Philadelphia.

I wouldn't mind some place like Los Angeles but beggars can't be choosers.
Boston is meant to be cool. What's Philly like? Tampa would be dull I assume and DC isn't greatly reviewed.

To be fair, I've always fancied the States but turned down the opportunity a few years ago and don't really regret it. Still might happen one day.

Good luck
Scamp is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2019, 3:02 pm
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,252
DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Boston is meant to be cool. What's Philly like? Tampa would be dull I assume and DC isn't greatly reviewed.

To be fair, I've always fancied the States but turned down the opportunity a few years ago and don't really regret it. Still might happen one day.

Good luck
Tampa has beaches. Very nice beaches. But humid for most of the year and probably too dull for me.

Philadelphia is a large city. Like many American cities it's divided between a nice central business district / historic areas ringed by ghettos. Center City Philadelphia reminds me of Melbourne CBD but it's even bigger. I think I'd enjoy life there greatly. Some people say it's the best urban downtown in the country outside Manhattan and Chicago. The office is in downtown and I'd live downtown too and be able to walk to work and everywhere and not faff around with owning a car at all, which is highly appealing. London lifestyle at 1/10th the cost. Cost of living is also cheaper than Boston in terms of housing. Boston's advantage is perhaps an overall more professional population and easier for expats to become accepted, unlike Philadelphia where everyone apparently still hangs out with the same people they went to school with aged 10. Boston being on the water is something that also appeals to me as Philadelphia is inland, and Boston is in New England and I love coastal New England. But we will see.
DXBtoDOH is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2019, 7:08 am
  #10  
fth
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: GCC region, formerly HKG, SIN and SYD
Posts: 28
fth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Los Angeles is like Doha in terms of huge SUVs ruling the roost and not being able to walk anywhere meaningful.

Watch out for the utter clusterf&@k of the US tax system, especially when combined with state taxes, and your non-US pension schemes (google PFIC).
fth is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2019, 9:17 pm
  #11  
 
nonthaburi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Buraydah , Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,369
nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
Tampa has beaches. Very nice beaches. But humid for most of the year and probably too dull for me.

Philadelphia is a large city. Like many American cities it's divided between a nice central business district / historic areas ringed by ghettos. Center City Philadelphia reminds me of Melbourne CBD but it's even bigger. I think I'd enjoy life there greatly. Some people say it's the best urban downtown in the country outside Manhattan and Chicago. The office is in downtown and I'd live downtown too and be able to walk to work and everywhere and not faff around with owning a car at all, which is highly appealing. London lifestyle at 1/10th the cost. Cost of living is also cheaper than Boston in terms of housing. Boston's advantage is perhaps an overall more professional population and easier for expats to become accepted, unlike Philadelphia where everyone apparently still hangs out with the same people they went to school with aged 10. Boston being on the water is something that also appeals to me as Philadelphia is inland, and Boston is in New England and I love coastal New England. But we will see.
Downtown Philly is fine , but you definitely don't want to be taking a wrong turn in Kensington. The largest open air opiod market in the country.
nonthaburi is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2019, 7:29 pm
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,252
DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
Downtown Philly is fine , but you definitely don't want to be taking a wrong turn in Kensington. The largest open air opiod market in the country.
Not surprised. I've been spending time reading up on Philadelphia and the other cities. At this point I think I'm going to Boston based on recent development at work.
DXBtoDOH is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2019, 2:16 pm
  #13  
BE Forum Addict
 
flares's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,971
flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Doha

https://www.farandwide.com/s/amazing...content=666924

Map 34 - Map of US Opiod Crisis

130 Americans a day!!
flares is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.