Dubai - Do we or don't we?

Old Jul 26th 2009, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

fourfoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai - Do we or don't we?

Thanks Patsy
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

marty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nice

Speaking from experience me and hubby done this I went to Abu Dhabi and he stayed at home glad we did but I just had a bad experience in AUH all I can say is RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH I did but not enough sadly. However I wouldntbe put off and if anythign it made our marriage stronger he visited me and got a holiday but he didnt like it and we made a decision for me to come home.

We had our home to come home to I would advise not to sell until they 2 of you are 100% happy. Good luck!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marty&vonnie
Speaking from experience me and hubby done this I went to Abu Dhabi and he stayed at home glad we did but I just had a bad experience in AUH all I can say is RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH I did but not enough sadly. However I wouldntbe put off and if anythign it made our marriage stronger he visited me and got a holiday but he didnt like it and we made a decision for me to come home.

We had our home to come home to I would advise not to sell until they 2 of you are 100% happy. Good luck!
Given that you've likely heard the horror stories about conservative laws, debt prison, deadly traffic, unbearable heat, etc, etc, etc - I won't even go there.

Realistic expectations, good planning, hard work and a little luck will help you avoid most of the pitfalls here. You sound like the sort that might just make a go of it. Just make sure you have an exit plan!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Given that you've likely heard the horror stories about conservative laws, debt prison, deadly traffic, unbearable heat, etc, etc, etc - I won't even go there.

Realistic expectations, good planning, hard work and a little luck will help you avoid most of the pitfalls here. You sound like the sort that might just make a go of it. Just make sure you have an exit plan!
Oh, and there's nothing wrong with The Springs... those villas are well enough for a first home in Dubai.

The current price for a 2BR is 95K AED.
http://www.gnads4u.com/doc.html?_a=view&id=5972455

It'll be less in 6 months when you're looking to bring the wife and dog.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, we are all too aware of the horror stories, that's why I wanted the opinion of people who are out there, and not just the Daily Mail readers at home!
All advice, anecdotes, pointers are gratefully received!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with The Springs... those villas are well enough for a first home in Dubai.

The current price for a 2BR is 95K AED.
http://www.gnads4u.com/doc.html?_a=view&id=5972455

It'll be less in 6 months when you're looking to bring the wife and dog.
yes but you couldn't swing a dog in those little 2bed places
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
You shouldn't swing dogs. It's inhumane.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

I don't even want to know if you've tried

He's a fairly small dog, but not a "rat on a rope". He's a bolter though, so our priority is a secure garden area.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't swing dogs. It's inhumane.
apparently there are a lot of "swingers" in the springs and lots of them are dogs..allegedly

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Jul 26th 2009 at 5:34 pm. Reason: forgot the smiley face thing
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

I'll let him know! His furry good looks mean he's a hit with the laydeez....
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fourfoot
I'll let him know! His furry good looks mean he's a hit with the laydeez....
so..he has never been to bed with an old dog...but he has woken up with a few!!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

so..he has never been to bed with an old dog...but he has woken up with a few!!
BAHAHAHA!

I believe the productive portion of this thread has concluded.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

I assume we're still talking about my dog, and not my boyfriend!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Alas, Burpusme, I do believe you are right.

Thanks for all the help on here, folks. I'm off for a well deserved pizza

Will check back in a few days for any other points
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fourfoot
I assume we're still talking about my dog, and not my boyfriend!
lol 4foot, I hope so for your sake sweetie
Sorry I am a bit bored tonight and just killing time before I go to bed
and I don't want any remarks from conf about me being an old dog either!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.