Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai debt skips - the facts only please

Dubai debt skips - the facts only please

Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai debt skips - the facts only please

Originally Posted by MataHari
great...lets agree to disagree.
Okey dokey
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:59 am
Account Closed

caro84 is an unknown quantity at this point

exactly Bahtatboy, happy at least 1 person understood my post.

its not that i dont want to explain my story MataHari if you're interested in it, but it's not the topic here. Im not complaining and I dont need anyone to feel sorry for me, I did my 8 month and im moving on, and i dont feel sorry for myself!

i will eventually re-pay my debt it's just not one of my priority and I am not worried about it, since im getting back to dubai or GCC anytime soon. Plus having met people and learned their stories in there, I can tell you most of them dont deserve to be in there at all, from the poor philipino maids to the top executive expats. Ihave seen how they got screwed by banks, employers and legal system, and I dont feel guilty I left 60K behind me at all.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Leave it out, guys. She said she got busted for drugs (which she didn't have to), she stated she didn't want to discuss it (fair enough), and gave her opinion on the main topic.

Do you want open debate and a variety of opinions, or are you just here to jump up and down self-righteously? FFS.
Originally Posted by caro84
exactly Bahtatboy, happy at least 1 person understood my post.

its not that i dont want to explain my story MataHari if you're interested in it, but it's not the topic here. Im not complaining and I dont need anyone to feel sorry for me, I did my 8 month and im moving on, and i dont feel sorry for myself!

i will eventually re-pay my debt it's just not one of my priority and I am not worried about it, since im getting back to dubai or GCC anytime soon. Plus having met people and learned their stories in there, I can tell you most of them dont deserve to be in there at all, from the poor philipino maids to the top executive expats. Ihave seen how they got screwed by banks, employers and legal system, and I dont feel guilty I left 60K behind me at all.
if it meant staying out of jail nor would I!! I have no idea how you managed 8 months! you weren't a school teacher when you were here were you? PM me if you were
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if it meant staying out of jail nor would I!! I have no idea how you managed 8 months! you weren't a school teacher when you were here were you? PM me if you were
Not an English teacher, i hope!

Caro, i thought your post was pretty interesting. Did you serve your sentence or were you released early? Which prison were you in?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente

Caro, i thought your post was pretty interesting. Did you serve your sentence or were you released early? Which prison were you in?
lol I agree I think it would be interesting to hear more about Caro's experience in the jail here
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

SomethingInBetween is an unknown quantity at this point

As an aside, I wonder if anyone has any information on the following. It relates to debt & dual nationality:-

If someone worked in a GCC country under a UK passport and left with debts could they subequently return to the same country using an Irish passport.

Yes I know that is wrong so no judgments.....PLEASE!

What is the information that customs check? D.O.B., image,?, ?.

I would be grateful for any constructive info.

Cheers
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SomethingInBetween
As an aside, I wonder if anyone has any information on the following. It relates to debt & dual nationality:-

If someone worked in a GCC country under a UK passport and left with debts could they subequently return to the same country using an Irish passport.

Cheers
Face recognition software at customs

just joshing, i have no idea.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:13 pm
Concierge

Cheers
can't see why not if the passports have different number which I assume they do? and you haven't had an Iris scan of course ....

Welcome to BE
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

caro84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by al dente

No im not an english teacher ! Well, i was sentenced to 4 years, but as everyone else with a drug user case, I was released at ramadan. users always get released at the first amnesty (usually ramandan, eid and national day) no matter how much of the sentence they served. well i fey've been sentenced that is, and usually it takes 3 months at least to see the judge !

I was detained in burdubai police station ( shithole) and then central jail (not that bad!)

maybe ill open a new post on the topic, it was not my intention to discuss this matter. but why not, well if people are interested about the facts, im not interested in anyone's opinion or judgement, i've already paid for my offence!

Cheers
I know people have returned on different passeports, especially prosititues, they always do that... ! - i think they only check the passeport number, and probabily name.

Allthough I dont think you would be eye scanned at the airport you'would get in. But be careful not to get caught for anything stupid (traffic offence, drink driving..) if you have been eye scanned, you'll have a case for the debts and one trying to come back with a different passeport

Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:53 pm