Dubai Debt Collection

Dubai Debt Collection

Old Jun 9th 2015, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Smarty1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Debt Collection

All,

I am hoping someone in Dubai can help.

A friend and I invested in what we thought was a legitimate financial investment in Dubai that turned out to be a complete scam...a long story but in short the guy than scammed us out of £45k was using his position at a legitimate company to scam us.

He was since sacked but continues to make lots of money in Dubai through businesses he has.

My question...can anyone recommend a debt collection agency (old school) to pay this gent a visit?

He is English, living in Dubai, young ish 28-29. I have all the details. I would go myself (and may do so) but was wanting to explore this first.

Thanks

Smarty
Old Jun 10th 2015, 7:58 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Debt Collection

if you are thinking bats and kneecaps style of collection then yes of course they exist, but i highly doubt anyone is going to offer up their services on a public forum...
Old Jun 10th 2015, 10:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If it a scam then surely you have paperwork to prove this and can go to the police? There are a few decent people in CID here.

If you are suggesting what I think, that rarely ends well and you could end up in custody.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

what was the scam....so others can avoid ?
Old Jun 10th 2015, 12:27 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubInRiyadh
what was the scam....so others can avoid ?
My guess is that based on the fact he is asking about finding a torpedo (what we call debt collectors of the more heavy handed type in Norway) on here the word scam is his personal interpretation of the investment. Bad investment would more likely be yours..
Old Jun 10th 2015, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
My guess is that based on the fact he is asking about finding a torpedo (what we call debt collectors of the more heavy handed type in Norway) on here the word scam is his personal interpretation of the investment. Bad investment would more likely be yours..
bad investment sold by a 28 year old fanatical adviser working for a big name firm.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

The_Black_Panther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
bad investment sold by a 28 year old fanatical adviser working for a big name firm.
Jason Noble still active in dubai? 😂
Old Jun 13th 2015, 1:54 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't advice using or asking anyone to use any type of force or strong arm tactics here in Dubai. If the other person comes up with more 'wasta' than you or if he calls the police and starts yapping to them in the local lingo, you will be out of more than just your money mate.
Best bet is to go the CID route.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Missy05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Black_Panther
Jason Noble still active in dubai? 😂
U had the displeasure of him too 😂
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Missy05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smarty1
All,

I am hoping someone in Dubai can help.

A friend and I invested in what we thought was a legitimate financial investment in Dubai that turned out to be a complete scam...a long story but in short the guy than scammed us out of £45k was using his position at a legitimate company to scam us.

He was since sacked but continues to make lots of money in Dubai through businesses he has.

My question...can anyone recommend a debt collection agency (old school) to pay this gent a visit?

He is English, living in Dubai, young ish 28-29. I have all the details. I would go myself (and may do so) but was wanting to explore this first.

Thanks

Smarty
I hope you resolve this but if it's with who I think it is Mr n I may be able to help but good luck !!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 5:30 am
Just Joined

sowmya is an unknown quantity at this point

Af Safar LLC claims to represent your best interests in helping get your money back. I am not affiliated with them. Just thought it might help. Use at your own risk