Dubai critics

Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:49 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai critics

I know alot of people moan about Dubai.
Property prices...traffic..heat etc

But personally I can't wait to get back. For those of you that are questioning your decision to move abroad, I cant stand being back in the UK.

Your missing nothing...crap weather..Primary,Secondary and Tertiary taxation... poor quality of life..bad service...crap food...fights outside every club and pub.....and chavs driving around in their corsa's/Nova's/Saxo's
( I could never understand why someone would buy a £1000 Vauxhall Nova etc...and then spend £10,000 tuning it...why not just spend £11,000 on a fast car in the first place !!??)

Dubai is not perfect...but they have got alot of things right..................

Rgds
(worse for wear) JD
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai critics

hehe...well one major, massive plus for the UK...the NHS...

the lack of is a major point of wank about the US.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:15 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Would rather pay for good health-care...than wait 12 months for bad health-care bob !!!............
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:30 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Yea, but having the worlds best healthcare is something people don't mind paying for.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:27 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

I do not think that I will ever go back to the UK... and if I did it will be on a have to.. must basis and not be cause I want to...

Dubai is ok.... and if the ME has its problems and I did not facy it... the world is soooo big... and UK is the last port of call..

ZooZ
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Would rather pay for good health-care...than wait 12 months for bad health-care bob !!!............
yeah, but we pay for it here and it's still wank
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by TA5
Yea, but having the worlds best healthcare is something people don't mind paying for.
it's not that good...have to wait 3 weeks to see a doctor, 5 months to see a dentist and get charged an arm and a leg to see them even with decent medical insurance...hardly good care....break a leg and it could cost you $5K easily even with insurance.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:35 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

I cant stand being back in the UK.
Clamber up on soap box:
JD,
I think it was you that said that the first week back was great and then everyday after that reminded you more and more why you left? Couldn't agree more, we got back from London about three weeks, and whilst it was fantastic to catch up with family and friends (& a change of climate for a few days) pretty much every else sucked...

Everything so bloody expensive:

Petrol - Nearly a pound a litre
Pub - Average pub- Bit of dinner (nothing too spectacular) and 3 drinks just under 45 quid.
Fags - 5 quid a pack (thankfully I have now stopped )
Houses - One bedroom starter home just round the corner from my parents 190,000.00 (for a bloody shoe box)

And the attitude of people just stinks it was either:

Miserable gits moaning about how shite things were, but too bloody lazy to do anything about it.
Miserable gits slating me for having done something about it, like it's my fault they are still stuck in their various ruts
Aggressive blokes / teenagers getting nasty because:
1) I ask them to stop sitting on the bonnet of my car
2) I ask them to watch their language when you are out for dinner with your family
3) I ask them to move aside when they are stood blocking the only door into a shop....

It's not as if I was asking to for their first born as sacrifice to Satan, just a few common courtesies.... FFS what were the weened on a mix pure testosterone and Special Brew?

No wonder each year I go back the visits get shorter. The only thing is I am confused is with what to do long term, our initial plan was to do a few years out here then go back to the Uk and settle there. The problem is now that I really don't think I do want to go back there to live, so I suppose it a case of where next? Don't get me wrong there are things that I love about the UK but the way things are at the moment the positives are rapidly getting outweighed by the negatives.
Clamber down off soap box

Anyway sorry to hear you are having a shit time and hope you get back soon.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:47 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Clamber up on soap box:
. The problem is now that I really don't think I do want to go back there to live, so I suppose it a case of where next? Don't get me wrong there are things that I love about the UK but the way things are at the moment the positives are rapidly getting outweighed by the negatives.
We thought of Auzie land or Canada as a final settling destination...
ZooZ
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:11 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

I know alot of people moan about Dubai.
Property prices...traffic..heat etc

But personally I can't wait to get back. For those of you that are questioning your decision to move abroad, I cant stand being back in the UK.

Your missing nothing...crap weather..Primary,Secondary and Tertiary taxation... poor quality of life..bad service...crap food...fights outside every club and pub.....and chavs driving around in their corsa's/Nova's/Saxo's
( I could never understand why someone would buy a £1000 Vauxhall Nova etc...and then spend £10,000 tuning it...why not just spend £11,000 on a fast car in the first place !!??)

Dubai is not perfect...but they have got alot of things right..................

Rgds
(worse for wear) JD
Sorry JD ... looks like u r in the bad mood.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:12 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Clamber up on soap box:
JD,
I think it was you that said that the first week back was great and then everyday after that reminded you more and more why you left? Couldn't agree more, we got back from London about three weeks, and whilst it was fantastic to catch up with family and friends (& a change of climate for a few days) pretty much every else sucked...

Everything so bloody expensive:

Petrol - Nearly a pound a litre
Pub - Average pub- Bit of dinner (nothing too spectacular) and 3 drinks just under 45 quid.
Fags - 5 quid a pack (thankfully I have now stopped )
Houses - One bedroom starter home just round the corner from my parents 190,000.00 (for a bloody shoe box)

And the attitude of people just stinks it was either:

Miserable gits moaning about how shite things were, but too bloody lazy to do anything about it.
Miserable gits slating me for having done something about it, like it's my fault they are still stuck in their various ruts
Aggressive blokes / teenagers getting nasty because:
1) I ask them to stop sitting on the bonnet of my car
2) I ask them to watch their language when you are out for dinner with your family
3) I ask them to move aside when they are stood blocking the only door into a shop....

It's not as if I was asking to for their first born as sacrifice to Satan, just a few common courtesies.... FFS what were the weened on a mix pure testosterone and Special Brew?

No wonder each year I go back the visits get shorter. The only thing is I am confused is with what to do long term, our initial plan was to do a few years out here then go back to the Uk and settle there. The problem is now that I really don't think I do want to go back there to live, so I suppose it a case of where next? Don't get me wrong there are things that I love about the UK but the way things are at the moment the positives are rapidly getting outweighed by the negatives.

Anyway sorry to hear you are having a shit time and hope you get back soon.
Hv u ever think of malaysia for living expatting? Down there plenty and huge expat community, unfortunately my husband line not many opportunity in there.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:18 am
Long Member

lewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to all

Hello Gang, JD how it hanging?....just got back from a 5 week stay in our house in Ireland, visited the UK a few times, but i have to say you are all on the ball...the UK is getting CHAV city...I and the family will not be going to move back there. Ireland is 100% better but the weather is not!!

We have been here in dubai 12 years now and this is our home now...long term is at least 12 more years away when the kids are about to leave or change to Uni,s but we will deal with that when we get there...

For now, take the sun, good food, not bad prices, most peolpe are pleasent and the road driving is crap and enjoy the UAE....
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:21 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
it's not that good...have to wait 3 weeks to see a doctor, 5 months to see a dentist and get charged an arm and a leg to see them even with decent medical insurance...hardly good care....break a leg and it could cost you $5K easily even with insurance.
You are also in ME, which if we had a choice we would allow to be annexed by canada in a second.

I take it you deal with an HMO, the cheap way to go about it, in that case, yes your health care will be shitty.

Pay the extra five per month for a better plan.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:43 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by TA5
You are also in ME, which if we had a choice we would allow to be annexed by canada in a second.

I take it you deal with an HMO, the cheap way to go about it, in that case, yes your health care will be shitty.

Pay the extra five per month for a better plan.
By the way, I'm not saying that the US healthcare system is the best in the world, HMO's (Health Management Organizations) which in the long run are the cheapest option in the US, generally have the worst doctors and service.

However, we have other healthcare options that are pretty damn good.

I do remember that when the US was thinking of doing something similar to the UK NHS, part of the reason for not doing it was an analysis of the NHS and its inherent shortcomings.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:49 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

And after my local hospital missed a broken leg on me, I think I can agree there JD.

Although I think our NHS if fantastic, the standards that are coming through however, are not.

In our hospital, linen is stored in the corridors and patients can help themselves.

Nurses wear black jeans, tunic, trainers, as much rings, necklaces as they like and chew gum on the ward.

That is just our hospital and I cant speak for others.

So how does health care work out in Dubai?

Do you have to pay insurance? If you don't have alot of money, do they have charity hospitals?

Just curious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.