Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Country Club - possible closure

Dubai Country Club - possible closure

Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Country Club - possible closure

Forgive me for saying this GA, but don't you think "too little, too late?" you knew it was closing last year and now at the "death rattle" you decide to try to fight? I know how you feel but sorry babes I really don't think there is a lot you can do xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:53 pm
W10

Christ - I knew it and the Exiles were being screwed over 6 months ago. How come none of those guys wanted to face the reality?

Anyway...a harsh lesson for the 'Dubai cares about us' brigade.

**** this place, take all you can get from it and leave when it can't help you any more. Because that's what will happen vice versa.

Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Forgive me for saying this GA, but don't you think "too little, too late?" you knew it was closing last year and now at the "death rattle" you decide to try to fight? I know how you feel but sorry babes I really don't think there is a lot you can do xx
Patsy 6 months ago they offered us a new plot of land, with a new build like for like offer. We had plans drawn up for a new club. I even went to see the new piece of land. Then last week they changed their minds and have given us NOTHING!!! you know me and I wanted to go full steam ahead to all the press etc in December, the management said there was no need as we were going to be given a brand new club with all mod cons everyone was happy then a sudden change of mind .

There are over 700 families who are members up there, and it isn't just to do with them, there is more to it than that. The Dubai Mens Open Golf Tournament - 30 years it has been held there, it is the official Dubai Men's Open, Emirates tried to nab it years ago and didn't get it - hence the Classic was invented. Why destroy history and memories.

I know we are fighting a loosing battle but I got to try. Will be contacting the media soon.

W10 you are sooo right.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:52 am
Banned

The Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really nice

Originally Posted by W10
Christ - I knew it and the Exiles were being screwed over 6 months ago. How come none of those guys wanted to face the reality?

Anyway...a harsh lesson for the 'Dubai cares about us' brigade.

**** this place, take all you can get from it and leave when it can't help you any more. Because that's what will happen vice versa.
Somebody shoot me if I turn this angry and bitter..
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Diabolical
Somebody shoot me if I turn this angry and bitter..
W10 is a good guy and I am sure he has good reason for feeling the way he does. I am starting to feel much the same!!!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:09 am
Banned

The Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really nice

Try to look at the bright side mate..We can make infinitely more money here than we can in the U.K..
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
W10 is a good guy and I am sure he has good reason for feeling the way he does. I am starting to feel much the same!!!

What I have noticed on this site is that ''most'' seem to have their bad days and appear to vent anger out in posts..this is a good thing...helps get it off their chest a bit to people who have been there too.. a wee rant is good for the soul
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:25 am
Banned

It's not productive..As a successful businessman I cannot afford to be non productive. I can't let this negativism effect my day.

Good day
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

It's not productive..As a successful businessman I cannot afford to be non productive. I can't let this negativism effect my day.

Good day
Perhaps, but even as a successful businessman I am sure that on occassions you have walked into your home and felt a negative feeling about something in your day...its human nature...keeping it inside can also be non productive...better to get it out in the open often it makes us feel better which in the end it helps us be productive..
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Patsy 6 months ago they offered us a new plot of land, with a new build like for like offer. We had plans drawn up for a new club. I even went to see the new piece of land. Then last week they changed their minds and have given us NOTHING!!! you know me and I wanted to go full steam ahead to all the press etc in December, the management said there was no need as we were going to be given a brand new club with all mod cons everyone was happy then a sudden change of mind .

There are over 700 families who are members up there, and it isn't just to do with them, there is more to it than that. The Dubai Mens Open Golf Tournament - 30 years it has been held there, it is the official Dubai Men's Open, Emirates tried to nab it years ago and didn't get it - hence the Classic was invented. Why destroy history and memories.

I know we are fighting a loosing battle but I got to try. Will be contacting the media soon.

W10 you are sooo right.
Ok Now I understand GA, I'm sorry to hear thatand as you say I guess nothing will be done. Isn't there going to be a new club in the new development, run by Emirates?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:00 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Try to look at the bright side mate..We can make infinitely more money here than we can in the U.K..
Only because there's so little regulation here and hence you're able to screw people in ways that would be illegal in developed countries.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:05 am
W10

You could earn EVEN MORE in Iraq, why not try it.

The money is everything attitude is what makes Dubai a shithole.

Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by W10
You could earn EVEN MORE in Iraq, why not try it.

The money is everything attitude is what makes Dubai a shithole.
It does seem a shame that Dubai has this sort of attitude re money, if I am honest I came here for a change in lifestyle away from what I see as a disintegrating culture back in the UK, before I made my discission to move it was a constant bad news in the newspaper that swayed me to take the leap.

There are many here who move for the exact same reason..life style...not to make a fortune but to make a life..and then again their is a vast amount here for money reasons only..I don't think that this attitude will ever change and ''when'' the money making bubble burst these people will move on and leave those who want the lifestyle to live in peace...my only fear is the c#ap that they may leave behind
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:19 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
It does seem a shame that Dubai has this sort of attitude re money, if I am honest I came here for a change in lifestyle away from what I see as a disintegrating culture back in the UK, before I made my discission to move it was a constant bad news in the newspaper that swayed me to take the leap.

There are many here who move for the exact same reason..life style...not to make a fortune but to make a life..and then again their is a vast amount here for money reasons only..I don't think that this attitude will ever change and ''when'' the money making bubble burst these people will move on and leave those who want the lifestyle to live in peace...my only fear is the c#ap that they may leave behind
That's why it's called a "developing" country! Take the money, enjoy your lifestyle, but don't ever make the mistake of thinking you "belong".
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
That's why it's called a "developing" country! Take the money, enjoy your lifestyle, but don't ever make the mistake of thinking you "belong".
you mean accept that we're here at the sufference of the feudal overlords?

BC what are they doing with the site?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.