Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Country Club - possible closure

Dubai Country Club - possible closure

Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:32 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Country Club - possible closure

http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...baicountryclub

Please please please sign this petition for me!!!

Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:35 pm
Wor Jackie

Jackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really nice
Default Re: Dubai Country Club - possible closure

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...baicountryclub

Please please please sign this petition for me!!!

It's a done deal BC, we aren't talking Jumeriah beach here, unfortunately it'll happen.

Thebn we'll have to get a little happy the Rugby 7s at Sports City...
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackie Milburn
It's a done deal BC, we aren't talking Jumeriah beach here, unfortunately it'll happen.

i tend to agree...soz BC...but a private club is never going to get the same support as the public beach. That said...some clever PR could sure as hell make sure you don't go down without a good fight...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

thought you had only been here a couple of weeks!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:53 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i tend to agree...soz BC...but a private club is never going to get the same support as the public beach. That said...some clever PR could sure as hell make sure you don't go down without a good fight...

MM, xx
they way I look at it is, that we have got try, why not? that place means a hell of alot to alot of people. It just proves that they can give you land and also take it off you!!! doesn't say much for the people who have invested here in Dubai does it? and I don't just mean villas, I mean commercial too.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:53 pm
Wor Jackie

Jackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really nice

thought you had only been here a couple of weeks!
Indeed I have, but I never said I hadn't been here before...
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:56 pm
Concierge

Indeed I have, but I never said I hadn't been here before...
now that is interesting .....
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:57 pm
Wor Jackie

they way I look at it is, that we have got try, why not? that place means a hell of alot to alot of people. It just proves that they can give you land and also take it off you!!! doesn't say much for the people who have invested here in Dubai does it? and I don't just mean villas, I mean commercial too.
What it means is that the "authorities" have thought, "That's a great piece of real estate, we'll pay the owners off, they'll be happy with the $$$, we can make so much more"

And they'r right, they can.

Now whether that's the way to go, and whether that will stop influx into Dubai? Of course it wont, people on resident visas cant make a change, only corporates the worldwide can.

Get on the bandwagon, stop living in the past, move forward.

There'll always be another Country Club.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

oh i agree...members if they feel strongly must try...i just think it's a done deal. Same as when they closed Jumeirah Beach club, members interests don't matter...it's the dosh that counts.

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:08 pm
Concierge

What it means is that the "authorities" have thought, "That's a great piece of real estate, we'll pay the owners off, they'll be happy with the $$$, we can make so much more"

And they'r right, they can.

Now whether that's the way to go, and whether that will stop influx into Dubai? Of course it wont, people on resident visas cant make a change, only corporates the worldwide can.

Get on the bandwagon, stop living in the past, move forward.

There'll always be another Country Club.

that is where you are wrong, initially they offered to rebuild the club at a new location, we agreed to that and had plans drawn at a cost of 120K which were submitted. That WAS there compensation - they have withdrawn that and offered us NOTHING!!! so there won't be ANOTHER country club.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:09 pm
Wor Jackie

that is where you are wrong, initially they offered to rebuild the club at a new location, we agreed to that and had plans drawn at a cost of 120K which were submitted. That WAS there compensation - they have withdrawn that and offered us NOTHING!!! so there won't be ANOTHER country club.
Welcome to Dubai
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:14 pm
Concierge

Welcome to Dubai
you will never feel how I feel about the club. I met my husband there and had my wedding there, my daughters christening was there too. I can't sit back and let them rip it down without a good fight.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:17 pm
Wor Jackie

you will never feel how I feel about the club. I met my husband there and had my wedding there, my daughters christening was there too. I can't sit back and let them rip it down without a good fight.

But this is the way that Dubai is, the government (and all their cronies) are only after one thing.

Either join the Vision for the furture, accept the small problems that that will bring about or....
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:18 pm
Concierge

But this is the way that Dubai is, the government (and all their cronies) are only after one thing.

Either join the Vision for the furture, accept the small problems that that will bring about or....
right whatever, just sign it! please !
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:25 pm
Wor Jackie

right whatever, just sign it! please !
You've been watching too much Vicki Pollard....

Whatever!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.