British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai Construction (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-construction-190324/)

Jezza Nov 11th 2003 10:18 am

Dubai Construction

COMMERCIAL MANAGER – CONSTRUCTION

Sorry if this is a boring post for most of you but I thought I would see if there’s anyone out there who can help with a contact as I know there’s lots of construction activity in Dubai at present.

I’m looking for employment as the title of my post suggests as a Commercial Manager in the field of construction with either an international Contractor or an international Cost Consultancy. I have significant experience of commercial management of ‘ultra-highrise’ (KLCC/Petronas Towers in KL), pharmaceutical (Pfizer Singapore) and other mega projects. Now I’m looking to find something in Dubai to be closer to my family who will be staying in Paris.

If you know of anyone who I can contact, please send me an e-mail and I will happily forward a CV/Résumé. I’m currently in Paris.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would put me in your debt at the ‘beer bank’.

Thanks

Stublue.KPL Nov 11th 2003 12:43 pm

construction jobs

hi jezza,

i hope you have a lot more success in your field than i've had in mine. i think you have a lot better chance than myself though as im only a sparkie and you have managerial experience which seems to be the only jobs westerners seem to do over there. (apart from airline work).
you could try the gulfnews.com webpage and enter its classifieds section or the khaleejtimes.com apart from them there is a lot of recruitment agencies which a few of the other board members may be able to help you with.
all the best
stu

Jezza Nov 11th 2003 3:37 pm

Re: construction jobs

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure both of us will eventually get what we want and deserve. I'm registered with many of the construction agencies and with the amount of work happening there, something must come along soon.

What it needs is the various wars and terrorist attacks to stop and the economies in Asia and ME would pick up no end. Should have been a politician!!

Thanks again

Jezza

Originally posted by Stublue.KPL
hi jezza,

i hope you have a lot more success in your field than i've had in mine. i think you have a lot better chance than myself though as im only a sparkie and you have managerial experience which seems to be the only jobs westerners seem to do over there. (apart from airline work).
you could try the gulfnews.com webpage and enter its classifieds section or the khaleejtimes.com apart from them there is a lot of recruitment agencies which a few of the other board members may be able to help you with.
all the best
stu