Reload this Page >

Dubai cellphone options?

Dubai cellphone options?

Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

crewtag.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai cellphone options?

Hi all -

Will be based out of Dubai in from April on. i am currently looking at cellphone plans. Anyone have any ideas how much they cost? What are their plans like? Are they generous with the free minutes like in the US, or are they like in NZ and Australia? What about roaming?

I will be spending half my time in Dubai and half my time in US/Europe. Should I keep my existing U.S. phone/plan and roam while in Dubai, or should I get a Dubai phone/plan and roam while in the U.S./Europe?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:49 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dubai cellphone options?

Originally Posted by crewtag.com
Hi all -

Will be based out of Dubai in from April on. i am currently looking at cellphone plans. Anyone have any ideas how much they cost? What are their plans like? Are they generous with the free minutes like in the US, or are they like in NZ and Australia? What about roaming?

I will be spending half my time in Dubai and half my time in US/Europe. Should I keep my existing U.S. phone/plan and roam while in Dubai, or should I get a Dubai phone/plan and roam while in the U.S./Europe?

Thanks in advance!
Hello crew tag.......... welcome to the forum.

Cell phones or mobile phones in Dubai can be bought for as little as AED 300 and the newer models can cost as much as AED 2000. At the mo there is just one telecom service provider - Etisalat. There is no such thing as free minutes or free texts. LOL....... phone call rates are generally quite low. AED 0.30 (30 fils) per minute for mobile phone calls within the U.A.E and the same for txts if I remember correctly. Rates for overseas calls varies according to the country u r calling. Roaming is always an option, but it may cost a little more. Not sure how much though. Two types of mobile phone lines are available: pay as u go (WASEL) or contract lines.

Visit http://www.etisalat.co.ae/index2.htm for more info on mobile phone services and options.

Good luck!

btw.... $1 = AED 3.67
Old Feb 27th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

smartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the rough

off peak hours = 18 fils / minute and on peak hours = 24 fils / minute
sms = 18 fils / local and 60 fils / international

Cheers,

D
Old Feb 27th 2005, 6:32 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by crewtag.com
Hi all -

Thanks in advance!

Free Minutes!!!!!!!! LMFAO! :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 27th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sassy
Free Minutes!!!!!!!! LMFAO! :scared: :scared:
PMSL!!!!