Reload this Page >

Dubai Car Registration

Dubai Car Registration

Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai Car Registration

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
1 month is free, 50 dhs a month after that, at least it used to be. Be careful FD you are driving illegally.
Phew - got really scared there because I'm about a week late with mine. Tasjeel is re-registering mine on Sunday.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Phew - got really scared there because I'm about a week late with mine. Tasjeel is re-registering mine on Sunday.
a week is fine because your Insurance runs for 13 months
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

a week is fine because your Insurance runs for 13 months
Yeah I wondered why my insurance is due to be renewed at the end of April and my car needs to be reregistered at the begining of March.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:32 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

1 month is free, 50 dhs a month after that, at least it used to be. Be careful FD you are driving illegally.
Damn another job to do then suppose I best check the fines next
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Confused ! Please explain

My registration runs out on 04 09 so im guessing thats the end of April & not the beginning, the car has been serviced today. I know the place its in Barsha but WTF do i do take it in & do what ? Do i need to take anything ? The car was bought brand new last April. Help.....
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Confused ! Please explain

My registration runs out on 04 09 so im guessing thats the end of April & not the beginning, the car has been serviced today. I know the place its in Barsha but WTF do i do take it in & do what ? Do i need to take anything ? The car was bought brand new last April. Help.....
it won't have to be tested, just take in your passport copy and the registration car and your renewed insurance, then ask I guess!! my husband does mine though I did do it myself a couple of years ago, it is quite straight forward.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

it won't have to be tested, just take in your passport copy and the registration car and your renewed insurance, then ask I guess!! my husband does mine though I did do it myself a couple of years ago, it is quite straight forward.
so can i assume that vehicles over a certain age have to be teseted ? Any idea what the age is....... Also i have to renew the insurance before going to the centre
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

First two years new cars don't have to be registered.

Get our insurance renewed and take the originals to the centre....One near the Gold & Diamond Park took 20 mins on a Thursday morning at 7am. Try and have smallish notes for the typist.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
First two years new cars don't have to be registered.

Get our insurance renewed and take the originals to the centre....One near the Gold & Diamond Park took 20 mins on a Thursday morning at 7am. Try and have smallish notes for the typist.
what do you mean smallish notes for the typist ?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Sorry 10dhs or it might be 15dhs...just expect them to look at you blankly if you give them a 100dhs note!

So...in the door, first desk straight in front....typing of form from your insurance certificates. 10/15dhs...waved to next desk, take a number ticket from the guy and sit in front of the next desk, get called, get given a piece of paper. Waved to next desk, sit and wait to be called, hand over paper and pay 320dhs (can't remember the amount). Waved to next desk, wait, get called, give old reg card over and get new one. Go back to the start (numberplate desk) and get a sticker to stick on your rear numberplate..... Done! Go first thing, they open at 7pm.

Or pay 200dhs and someone will do it all for you!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry 10dhs or it might be 15dhs...just expect them to look at you blankly if you give them a 100dhs note!

So...in the door, first desk straight in front....typing of form from your insurance certificates. 10/15dhs...waved to next desk, take a number ticket from the guy and sit in front of the next desk, get called, get given a piece of paper. Waved to next desk, sit and wait to be called, hand over paper and pay 320dhs (can't remember the amount). Waved to next desk, wait, get called, give old reg card over and get new one. Go back to the start (numberplate desk) and get a sticker to stick on your rear numberplate..... Done! Go first thing, they open at 7pm.

Or pay 200dhs and someone will do it all for you!
Thanks for that.... i think im assuming i can go whenever i dont have to wait until the eact date ? You must have renewed your insurance before going right ????
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, renew your insurance before going....it's the new insurance they want to see.......

Go as near to the date as possible but you do have one months grace (hence the 13 month insurance people are mentioning).
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:15 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, renew your insurance before going....it's the new insurance they want to see.......

Go as near to the date as possible but you do have one months grace (hence the 13 month insurance people are mentioning).
That's a good point jrudofsky...I turned up with my old insurance (still 6 weeks left) but they wouldn't re-register the car.

It is the new insurance they want to see and you have to give them the new Certificate of Insurance in Arabic (which includes an English translation) with the Insurer's company stamp (keep a photocopy for yourself). Your car insurance company will give you the Certificate once you have insured or re-insured with them.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the info guys.

I went to the car Registration place in Al Barsha today. Didn't take long, thank goodness for the ladies counter!

Mrs H

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.