Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai car insurance

Dubai car insurance

Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:24 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai car insurance

Can anyone recommend a car insurer for Dubai registered vehicle?

So far, I know of Axa, RSA and Gargash offering car insurance. Any more suggestions appreciated.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dubai car insurance

Originally Posted by ctfc

So far, I know of Axa, RSA and Gargash offering car insurance. Any more suggestions appreciated.

I have used Royal Sun Alliance for some years and before that another British company which withdrew from the UAE market.

I feel insurance, for cars at least, is very much a case of you get what you pay for!!!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
I have used Royal Sun Alliance for some years and before that another British company which withdrew from the UAE market.

I feel insurance, for cars at least, is very much a case of you get what you pay for!!!
I've been an AXA/Norwich Union customer for 5 years without issue, and with 2 or 3 claims. They also have a good roadside assist program and coverage in Oman. I've never searched too hard, but their price was at least cheaper than RSA.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:07 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc

Gargash are an insurance broker...they broker Axa and RSA and a number of other car insurers...why not ask them for quotes and save yourself the shopping around? You'll pay the same anyways...

N.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:40 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Gargash are an insurance broker...they broker Axa and RSA and a number of other car insurers...why not ask them for quotes and save yourself the shopping around? You'll pay the same anyways...

N.
Just renewed insurance & reg today - used AXA. They were the same price +/- 100 Dhs as a couple of others I got quotes from and were very efficient and easy to deal with. THe main reason I used them was that they have an office in JAFZA near where I work and as mentioned earlier, they do Oman insurance + road side assistance.