Reload this Page >

Dubai bank account needed

Dubai bank account needed

Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:07 am
Just Joined

viper1079 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai bank account needed

Hi

Its now less than 3 weeks till I move to Dubai. The next job on my list is to sort out a bank account, i have all the required documentation; Visa, passport, contract etc

Do i need to have moved before I can actually do anything?
How long does it usually take?
Can you recommend any good banks?

Cheers
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:26 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai bank account needed

Originally Posted by viper1079
Hi

Its now less than 3 weeks till I move to Dubai. The next job on my list is to sort out a bank account, i have all the required documentation; Visa, passport, contract etc

Do i need to have moved before I can actually do anything?
How long does it usually take?
Can you recommend any good banks?

Cheers
You need a salary letter from your employer as well. It takes anything from same day (if your company has a deal with the particular bank) to a week to get the account.

All banks are crap. Some are less crap than others. I use shittibank as that's what i used in Bahrain. I hate them! I would move but the problem is that it will take 2 weeks and then I am likely to hate my new bank as well. It's just not worth the pain..
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
You need a salary letter from your employer as well. It takes anything from same day (if your company has a deal with the particular bank) to a week to get the account.

All banks are crap. Some are less crap than others. I use shittibank as that's what i used in Bahrain. I hate them! I would move but the problem is that it will take 2 weeks and then I am likely to hate my new bank as well. It's just not worth the pain..

You obviously didn't lay on your Viking charm thick enough, Norsky...

I went into SCB and came out 45 mins later with 2 accounts opened plus the ATM/Debit card for the AED account.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:53 am
Just Joined

viper1079 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by norsk

When you say salary letter.....do you mean my covering letter which details monthly salary, allowance, benefits etc?

I've been online to a few and they ask for Jpegs to be sent, does this mean i can open an account without actually being there?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 12:44 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viper1079
When you say salary letter.....do you mean my covering letter which details monthly salary, allowance, benefits etc?

I've been online to a few and they ask for Jpegs to be sent, does this mean i can open an account without actually being there?
Nope. It's a special letter your employer have to create which is targeted at the bank in question. I don't think it can be done until you start working.

Usually you have to either attend the branch to sign the application form or an agent will come visit you in the office.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 1:16 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
You obviously didn't lay on your Viking charm thick enough, Norsky...

I went into SCB and came out 45 mins later with 2 accounts opened plus the ATM/Debit card for the AED account.
I had run out of charm that day.

Weirdly enough my threats of leaving them for a competitor were taken seriously. The guy who was getting abused was relationship manager for gold customers..
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

What problems do people face with banks?

I use HSBC - commonly accepted as the worst - and have never had a problem with them. They send me new cards when I need them, print new cheque books, have refunded fraudulent claims on my account provided loans without countless cheques to be written. What do they do piss everyone off?
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

I have used HSBC since I came here last year.I did not open account until I started work. Took about a week and my accounts were all set up, with me in possession of bank cards/credit card/cheque book. All done prior to first UAE pay deposit.

Can say I have had no problems with them