Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai...back to work????

Dubai...back to work????

Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice
Default Dubai...back to work????

Hi ,

just wondring if somebody know when ppl start back to work from compassionate leave?.cause my friend was expecting a visa and he havent got it. I am wondring when they start the work and also when is EID in UAE
?

KHan
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:58 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai...back to work????

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Hi ,

just wondring if somebody know when ppl start back to work from compassionate leave?.cause my friend was expecting a visa and he havent got it. I am wondring when they start the work and also when is EID in UAE
?

KHan
C - no visas until 20th and that's official.

take it easy mate

TS
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
C - no visas until 20th and that's official.

take it easy mate

TS
I am assuming that they will still issue visa's at the airport otherwise I am toast :scared: keep in mind that I am a canadian citizen .

Khan
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:02 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

I am assuming that they will still issue visa's at the airport otherwise I am toast :scared: keep in mind that I am a canadian citizen .

Khan
if u automatically get a visitors visa at the passport counter, your ok - if u have to aplply for a visa and pick it up at the visa desk u r screwed unless u arrange one thru the UAE comsulate nearest to u.....
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

if u automatically get a visitors visa at the passport counter, your ok - if u have to aplply for a visa and pick it up at the visa desk u r screwed unless u arrange one thru the UAE comsulate nearest to u.....
whew that was close
khan
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:19 pm
Premium Member

whew that was close
khan
You could always kip in teh immigration lounge for a few days - apparently there's a few there already!!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

You could always kip in teh immigration lounge for a few days - apparently there's a few there already!!
:scared:

khan
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:39 pm
Premium Member

:scared:

khan
its wrmer than calgary
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:45 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi ,

?

KHan
relax dude...... the immigration office is open for EMERGENCY transactions..... since urs isnt, u can spend a few days at the detention centre like TS suggested..... we will bring u food.

Eid is either on saturday or sunday..... I have heard its on sunday though. Everything will be closed till the 17th atleast.

LOL..... dont worry..... this is Dubai..... not some, errrr........ village! hahahaha
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:56 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Face81
relax dude...... the immigration office is open for EMERGENCY transactions..... since urs isnt, u can spend a few days at the detention centre like TS suggested..... we will bring u food.

Eid is either on saturday or sunday..... I have heard its on sunday though. Everything will be closed till the 17th atleast.

LOL..... dont worry..... this is Dubai..... not some, errrr........ village! hahahaha
Its definitely 20th for visas......
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:08 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Its definitely 20th for visas......
well its into the detention centre for him! hahahahaha.... ipromised him food..... think u can provide the blankets and drinks? LOL
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:10 pm
Premium Member

well its into the detention centre for him! hahahahaha.... ipromised him food..... think u can provide the blankets and drinks? LOL
Yup, can do ............ :scared:
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:19 pm
The Oracle

Yup, can do ............ :scared:
i am sure he will be happy now that we have offered to help him!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

i am sure he will be happy now that we have offered to help him!
Hold on a second both of u guys are making fun of me Face buddy u just wait some how I am going to get out of the airport and then I am going to find u .....
lol
I will see u on 18th Inshallah and guess i wont be in detention

Khan