British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai...back to work???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-back-work-265457/)

Calgarian Nov 9th 2004 2:08 pm

Dubai...back to work????

Hi ,

just wondring if somebody know when ppl start back to work from compassionate leave?.cause my friend was expecting a visa and he havent got it. I am wondring when they start the work and also when is EID in UAE
?

KHan :beer:

Truth Speak Nov 9th 2004 2:58 pm

Re: Dubai...back to work????

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Hi ,

just wondring if somebody know when ppl start back to work from compassionate leave?.cause my friend was expecting a visa and he havent got it. I am wondring when they start the work and also when is EID in UAE
?

C - no visas until 20th and that's official.

take it easy mate

TS :)

Calgarian Nov 9th 2004 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
C - no visas until 20th and that's official.

take it easy mate

TS :)

I am assuming that they will still issue visa's at the airport otherwise I am toast :scared: keep in mind that I am a canadian citizen .

Khan :beer:

Truth Speak Nov 9th 2004 3:02 pm

I am assuming that they will still issue visa's at the airport otherwise I am toast :scared: keep in mind that I am a canadian citizen .

Khan :beer:

if u automatically get a visitors visa at the passport counter, your ok - if u have to aplply for a visa and pick it up at the visa desk u r screwed unless u arrange one thru the UAE comsulate nearest to u.....

Calgarian Nov 9th 2004 3:09 pm

if u automatically get a visitors visa at the passport counter, your ok - if u have to aplply for a visa and pick it up at the visa desk u r screwed unless u arrange one thru the UAE comsulate nearest to u.....

whew that was close
khan :beer:

Truth Speak Nov 9th 2004 3:19 pm

whew that was close

You could always kip in teh immigration lounge for a few days - apparently there's a few there already!! :D

Calgarian Nov 9th 2004 3:39 pm

You could always kip in teh immigration lounge for a few days - apparently there's a few there already!! :D

:scared:

Truth Speak Nov 9th 2004 4:39 pm

:scared:

its wrmer than calgary :D

Face81 Nov 9th 2004 4:45 pm

Hi ,

?

relax dude...... the immigration office is open for EMERGENCY transactions..... since urs isnt, u can spend a few days at the detention centre like TS suggested..... we will bring u food. :D

Eid is either on saturday or sunday..... I have heard its on sunday though. Everything will be closed till the 17th atleast.

LOL..... dont worry..... this is Dubai..... not some, errrr........ village! hahahaha

Truth Speak Nov 9th 2004 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Face81
relax dude...... the immigration office is open for EMERGENCY transactions..... since urs isnt, u can spend a few days at the detention centre like TS suggested..... we will bring u food. :D

Eid is either on saturday or sunday..... I have heard its on sunday though. Everything will be closed till the 17th atleast.

LOL..... dont worry..... this is Dubai..... not some, errrr........ village! hahahaha

Its definitely 20th for visas......:cool:

Face81 Nov 9th 2004 5:08 pm

Its definitely 20th for visas......:cool:

well its into the detention centre for him! hahahahaha.... ipromised him food..... think u can provide the blankets and drinks? LOL

Truth Speak Nov 9th 2004 5:10 pm

well its into the detention centre for him! hahahahaha.... ipromised him food..... think u can provide the blankets and drinks? LOL

Yup, can do ............ :scared:

Face81 Nov 9th 2004 5:19 pm

Yup, can do ............ :scared:

i am sure he will be happy now that we have offered to help him! :D

Calgarian Nov 9th 2004 6:00 pm

i am sure he will be happy now that we have offered to help him! :D

Hold on a second both of u guys are making fun of me :mad: Face buddy u just wait some how I am going to get out of the airport and then I am going to find u :mad: .....
lol
I will see u on 18th Inshallah and guess i wont be in detention

Khan