Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai - Arabian Ranches, Springs, Jumeirah Heights

Dubai - Arabian Ranches, Springs, Jumeirah Heights

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all
Default Re: Dubai - Arabian Ranches, Springs, Jumeirah Heights

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if you can afford to leave here and rent the property out that might work, but in that case I would say get a villa not an apartment. Don't forget to look into the legal side of things. You can't put your wife's name onto the deeds unless the property is paid for. Worse case scenario anything happens to you and she may get nothing. Speak to Meow about it.
that is a another possibility I have thought about but would need to see how much we would be losing with outgoings v income from rental. again, all depends on what rents/prices are in 3 years or so. (btw, 3 years is just a figure, we could be here in 3,4,5,6? who knows?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 4:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
the hassle I am having through shit landlords is more annoying just now mate.
being the key phrase...
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
being the key phrase...
move to a building that has one owner and you are sorted
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

so....... does anyone know about the ranches or Jumeirah Heights?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

yeh. don't buy there.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:44 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

You get around 1% yield here, better to rent here and buy in the UK where you get a 5% yield without the risks.
Is that accurate? 1% yield? **** that who would ever buy except for capital appreciation (of houses that fall apart!)
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

I do wonder where the 1% yield figure comes from to be honest?? (im not saying you are wrong, just wonder where the figures originate)
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I live in the ranches 3 bed in Saheel (the posh area) You are welcome to come round for a nosey anytime.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:24 am
banned

you keep on saying Jumeirah Heights, are you getting confused with Victory Heights which is where the Els Golf Course is? or is there a Jumeriah Heights?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I do wonder where the 1% yield figure comes from to be honest?? (im not saying you are wrong, just wonder where the figures originate)
Actually 1% is what it was for flats. I'm sure it's a bit better now, and probbaly a bit better for villas. My house here gives around 4.5% gross (current price - 3.5% on what he paid) before outages and service charges.

The mortage costs are higher than the gross yield so your equity is receiving nothing (or paying some interest)

I have several friends who (still) have to sub the mortgage payments each month (ex. service charges) on flats. This is very low yield stuff.

You can get 5% in London, where interest rates are lower. Why invest here for somewhere between 1-4% when the debt costs are so high? Madness to me.

Good luck. If you haven't done these sums at this stage, I would advise you don't jump in

Last edited by Millhouse; Jul 24th 2013 at 9:02 am.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Is that accurate? 1% yield? **** that who would ever buy except for capital appreciation (of houses that fall apart!)
Of course people buy on those low yields. Those based in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Egypt -- where there is significant risk of conviscation of funds and who can pay cash. If I was in that position, I'd take 1% over -50%.

Dubai is a cash game. If you need debt, it won't work.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
you keep on saying Jumeirah Heights, are you getting confused with Victory Heights which is where the Els Golf Course is? or is there a Jumeriah Heights?
Google is your friend http://tdim.nakheel.com/en/project/j...h-heights.html
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Nakheel
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:03 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Of course people buy on those low yields. Those based in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Egypt -- where there is significant risk of conviscation of funds and who can pay cash. If I was in that position, I'd take 1% over -50%.

Dubai is a cash game. If you need debt, it won't work.
You can get 10% yield fairly easily on property in Egypt and can risk a couple of hundred thousand dollars. Which I would prefer to do rather than the sums involved buying in Dubai for 1% yield.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
You can get 10% yield fairly easily on property in Egypt and can risk a couple of hundred thousand dollars. Which I would prefer to do rather than the sums involved buying in Dubai for 1% yield.
indeed... but also no mortgage market deeper than 3 years and a currency depreciating at 10% per annum (thus giving you something terrible in a decent currency).

that said, I'd probably go for Egypt before Dubai.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.