Dubai Air Show

Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:18 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Air Show

Having just seen the A380 take off (That's one big 'plane) and watched some fighter jet doing vertical loops, I must say that I think I've got a great view of this years event. We can even go on top of the office block and watch from there!! Needless to say there's absolutely no-one working here today, and the binoculars are out!!

Is anyone going???
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dubai Air Show

Originally Posted by MJC
Having just seen the A380 take off (That's one big 'plane) and watched some fighter jet doing vertical loops, I must say that I think I've got a great view of this years event. We can even go on top of the office block and watch from there!! Needless to say there's absolutely no-one working here today, and the binoculars are out!!

Is anyone going???
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
Wish I was there with you matey......
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:22 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

The A380 is supposed to do a flyby of the Burj al Arab soon, sitting on my balcony waiting!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:30 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC

Is anyone going???

I am 400meters away from all these planes!

It was a funny a thought just went through my mind, I heard the Russian Sukoi fighter (awesome fighter) and was think about the soldiers! bcoz i heard the plane very close to me but i still couldnt see it.

So can someone shot something they cant see
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:36 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that Sukoi display was absolutely amazing.

Also, on Thursday afternoon, we bring all the kids into the office (or/and on the roof) so they can get a great view too.
Originally Posted by CasaNova
I am 400meters away from all these planes!

It was a funny a thought just went through my mind, I heard the Russian Sukoi fighter (awesome fighter) and was think about the soldiers! bcoz i heard the plane very close to me but i still couldnt see it.

So can someone shot something they cant see
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:48 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I hope you saw it cos I've just watched it land. Bloody Huge, makes the 747 look tiny!
Originally Posted by TA5
The A380 is supposed to do a flyby of the Burj al Arab soon, sitting on my balcony waiting!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 6:21 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Well I hope you saw it cos I've just watched it land. Bloody Huge, makes the 747 look tiny!
think I missed it, although given the weather until a few minutes ago I don't think it would have been a great photo op!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MJC
And it will take till 2007 to come....
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:32 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I once knew a girl like that....
Originally Posted by shoushou
And it will take till 2007 to come....
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:34 am
W10

I saw it this morning, as I was driving to work.

Thought, why is that plane flying along the coast. Then realised it was about 15 times the size of any other plane that lands in Dubai!

Do my eyes deceive me or was it kitted out in Emirates livery?

Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:44 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nope, we paid goodness knows how much to do that (think of the PR and we want to p1ss Qantas off) It's also the first time the A380's been seen in any airline's colours!
Originally Posted by W10

Do my eyes deceive me or was it kitted out in Emirates livery?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:48 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Nope, we paid goodness knows how much to do that (think of the PR and we want to p1ss Qantas off) It's also the first time the A380's been seen in any airline's colours!

I dont know if i could fly in those A380's! no more experimenting.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:50 am
W10

Originally Posted by MJC
It's a great PR coup.

Considering Qatar and Eithad have also bought A380's and I didn't think Emirates were a launch delivery customer. They will be spitting feathers!

Old Nov 19th 2005, 8:01 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I remember correctly, I thing it's Singapore Airlines who are getting the first deliveries! But in terms of quantity, then Emirates is by far and away the largest. Expect an announcement of a further 40 A380s, a similar amount af A350's and purchases of Boeing's 777ER within the next 5 days!
Originally Posted by W10
It's a great PR coup.

Considering Qatar and Eithad have also bought A380's and I didn't think Emirates were a launch delivery customer. They will be spitting feathers!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 8:08 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And if you're interested, a press release from corporate comms....

EMIRATES’ AIRBUS A380-800 FACT SHEET
[list]
INTRODUCTION

Emirates was the first airline to order the A380 and has 45 on order for delivery – more than any other carrier by far, and a full third of the firm orders received by Airbus for this new aircraft. Emirates plans to use the A380 to meet on-going and forecast intense passenger and cargo growth on major trunk routes from its Dubai hub, including services to the U.K., Asia-Pacific and the Americas.

AIRBUS A380-800

The world’s only twin-deck, four-aisle airliner.

The A380 has the widest cabin of any aircraft in the world

Its floor area is 49 per cent bigger, and has 35 per cent more seats, than the Boeing 747-400.

The A380 provides 15-20 per cent lower seat-mile costs and ten per cent more range than its closest rival.

Compared to other aircraft, the A380 can carry more passengers further, thus maximising the use of existing airport slots capacity.

The A380 will be significantly quieter than today’s largest airliner – generating less than half the noise of a Boeing 747-400 on take off.

The aircraft consumes around 13 per cent less fuel than its closest competitor

It will be the first long-haul aircraft to consume less than three litres of fuel per passenger over 100 kilometres (95 miles per imperial gallon.)

EMIRATES’ A380s

Emirates’ A380s have been ordered in three configurations:

1. a low-density, long range three-class 489 seater

2. a low-density, medium range three-class 517 seater

3. and a higher-density, medium range two-class 644 seater

Don't think I fancy a long haul in economy on option #3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.