Reload this Page >

Dubai to Abu Dhabi

Dubai to Abu Dhabi

Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

ximmyx will become famous soon enough
Default Dubai to Abu Dhabi

Hi all,
I will be arriving to dubai on 14th August. My new job is in abu dhabi so i will have to drive (company car) from dubai to abu dhabi. can anyone help with directions. doesnt have to be detailed just the main roads to follow. is it simple n how long?

thank you in advance
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai to Abu Dhabi

dxb airport is easy if you have a company car with a salik on it, you then can come down the main Sheik Zayed road, all the way into AD emirate and then you will follow the signs onto the island, but it depends where you are going to which road is best to take you on the island.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

apologies but was is a salek? thanks for the info.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

salik is the tag for the road toll if you go over certain parts of the SZR you will need one, otherwise you would have to take a different route.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ximmyx
salik is a sticker / tag that needs to be attached to your windscreen which will then charge you for using the toll roads - i know the "rent a cars" have the salik attached and you pay 25% comission on top of the usual charge to the rental company - not sure what the situation will be with the company car
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:38 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

A tag that lets you pay the toll on the main road from near Dubai airport through to Abu Dhabi. Looks like this:

It should be under the rear-view mirror.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

cheers thats great help! so its not a complicated route then?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:51 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

So immy, you will be living in Dubai, and commuting to Abu Dhabi? May I ask why?

Sam x
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
So immy, you will be living in Dubai, and commuting to Abu Dhabi? May I ask why?

Sam x
You are SOOOOOOO forward........
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

no sam the thing is my company had only found availability for a filght to dubai not abu dhabi on the 13th August so i will be arriving in dubai and a company car will be provided to me to drive to abu dhabi to my permanent residence.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:09 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

no sam the thing is my company had only found availability for a filght to dubai not abu dhabi on the 13th August so i will be arriving in dubai and a company car will be provided to me to drive to abu dhabi to my permanent residence.
Oh, so you're only doing the journey once. In that case, it's easy. A straight road. But boring. I did it today. By the way, what has happened to all the 'Beware of Road Surprises' signs? They seem to have gone
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

have they taken away 'our signs', apparently there is a campaign re speeding on in ab dabs at the mo, perhaps they have taken them down, and apparently they are changing them to more 'graphic' posters.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
have they taken away 'our signs', apparently there is a campaign re speeding on in ab dabs at the mo, perhaps they have taken them down, and apparently they are changing them to more 'graphic' posters.
they could begin by changing the trigger speed of the cameras on SZR to less that 160...
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

technically SZR is in dubai (where the speed limit is 120), not in ad where the limit is 160.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
technically SZR is in dubai (where the speed limit is 120), not in ad where the limit is 160.
technically i know that and you know that i know that and we both know in the Dubai part SZR the cameras go off at 140 but in AD on Bin Rashid road or whatever the hell it is called they are triggered at 160.

jeez and you wonder why people despair at your posts, as there is no way you posted that tongue in cheek....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.