Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai 7 Stars or 9 Stars?

Dubai 7 Stars or 9 Stars?

Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:06 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of
Default Dubai 7 Stars or 9 Stars?

This quite interesting...to me anyway...

http://dubai7stars.blogspot.com/

is a blog that has been around for a while posting info on the Dubai boom/collapse and related Dubai property info. It's coverage is generally links + cut and pastes, where there is original text it is fairly poorly written (if you are a native English speaker anyway) and to my mind has a negative slant/agenda.

In the last week or so a "Mirror" blog has appeared:

http://dubai9stars.blogspot.com/

They have intentionally poached/duplicated 7stars page graphics and layout and are publishing well written copy with a much more positive/pro Dubai content...

There is a blog war ongoing between the two, if you take the time to read you will see ...but who is behind the blogs?
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:23 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai 7 Stars or 9 Stars?

Originally Posted by Dubaidog View Post
This quite interesting...to me anyway...

http://dubai7stars.blogspot.com/

is a blog that has been around for a while posting info on the Dubai boom/collapse and related Dubai property info. It's coverage is generally links + cut and pastes, where there is original text it is fairly poorly written (if you are a native English speaker anyway) and to my mind has a negative slant/agenda.

In the last week or so a "Mirror" blog has appeared:

http://dubai9stars.blogspot.com/

They have intentionally poached/duplicated 7stars page graphics and layout and are publishing well written copy with a much more positive/pro Dubai content...

There is a blog war ongoing between the two, if you take the time to read you will see ...but who is behind the blogs?
depending on who is behind the 9 stars, it is very, very interesting. can you tell us who this is?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 4:16 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dubai 7 Stars or 9 Stars?

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
depending on who is behind the 9 stars, it is very, very interesting. can you tell us who this is?
Wish I knew but a lot of work has gone into creating and maintaining the 9 stars blog. The only press arcticles displayed are those with positive overtones. Nothing negative is highlighted. Could it be sponsored by Dubai Inc's PR apparatus? If so, they are doing a pretty good job of discrediting the original 7 Stars effort.