Reload this Page >

Du Blocking from tomorrow

Du Blocking from tomorrow

Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

bedarwen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Du Blocking from tomorrow

hi
if anyone can help with VPN please do PM me...I'm a complete novice...

Also, do you have to have your own internet subscription or will it work over the broadband from the institution i work in - ie i live in staff housing and we have broadband provided (with a institution block on top of the UAE block!). Any help much appreciated!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bedarwen
hi
if anyone can help with VPN please do PM me...I'm a complete novice...

Also, do you have to have your own internet subscription or will it work over the broadband from the institution i work in - ie i live in staff housing and we have broadband provided (with a institution block on top of the UAE block!). Any help much appreciated!
will send u a PM but you need to make 1 more post before you can use PM's
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

bedarwen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
will send u a PM but you need to make 1 more post before you can use PM's
Thanks - got your PM will also send you PM reply as have a problem with it..!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the rough

Seems Yahoo Messenger voice calls are blocked. Very hit and miss, seems to work occasionally for me. I checked the internet to see if any other reports of issues and see this from someone else on Yahoo Answers... seems Etisalat haven't delivered yet on their proposed VOIP system...

Answerer 1
I had a chat with Yahoo Support person and got a confirmation that Etisalat is blocking Yahoo Voice, see the chat transcript below.

Please wait for a Yahoo! agent to respond.
You are now chatting with April
April: Hi! Welcome to our Yahoo! Premium Voice Live Chat service. I'm glad you've joined us.
April: Thank you for providing us the details of your issue.
April: Hi there Saravanan.
Saravanan.S: Hi,
Saravanan.S: I am from Dubai, U.A.E, for the past 1 week, I am not able to make Yahoo Voice Calls (PC to Phone Calls), before that it was working fine, is there any problem from Yahoo Side, I am using a 256 Kbps broadband DSL connection. I have enough credits in my account.
April: I understand you are unable to use your Yahoo! Phone Out service in Dubai, UAE for a week, is that corect?
Saravanan.S: yes
April: Thank you for the confirmation of your issue.
April: I do apologize for all the inconvenience this may have caused you.
April: We are currently aware of an issue with Yahoo! Messenger Phone services being blocked in the United Arab Emirates by the Internet Service Provider Etisalat.
April: Unfortunately, there is nothing Yahoo! is able to do as this action could be because of religious reasons or government regulations.
April: Your ISP, Etisalat, is most likely blocking the ports (80, 443, 5061) Yahoo Messenger needs for Voice services.
April: For the service to work properly, you will need to ask your ISP to open the required ports.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Villager_Sam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys ,
I wanted to thank all of u for helping me find a way around , I have now set up a vpn and it works just fine
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

iqbaltm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Villager_Sam
Hi Guys ,
I wanted to thank all of u for helping me find a way around , I have now set up a vpn and it works just fine
Hi!

Can u guide me to setup vpn for my desktop pc, i wanted to use for the purpoase of yahoo voice

regards
Iqbal
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:21 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
The powers that be often pick up on specific VPNs when mentioned on line, on this and many other fora. No idea if it was before, but kortaz is blocked now. If you have an answer, say you have it and let people PM you.
So true.. judging by a recent posting.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Villager_Sam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iqbaltm
Hi!

Can u guide me to setup vpn for my desktop pc, i wanted to use for the purpoase of yahoo voice

regards
Iqbal

u can use yahoo voice ......all pc 2 pc works perfectly fine