British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Du (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/du-684252/)

Millhouse Sep 6th 2010 7:06 am

Du

I'm trying to sign up for Du. I want to buy the 229 Surf, Talk, Watch package... how do I do this? I've been on hold for 20mins, no answer. Do I have to visit them somewhere?

TGFKASE Sep 6th 2010 7:12 am

Re: Du

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8828997)
I'm trying to sign up for Du. I want to buy the 229 Surf, Talk, Watch package... how do I do this? I've been on hold for 20mins, no answer. Do I have to visit them somewhere?

Best bet would be Ibn Battuta Mall, tried to get a 3rd decoder for ages and finally gave up on the phone and headed to the store there...

Millhouse Sep 6th 2010 7:16 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8829006)
Best bet would be Ibn Battuta Mall, tried to get a 3rd decoder for ages and finally gave up on the phone and headed to the store there...

thanks mate. Will go there tomorrow.

Bungdit Din Sep 6th 2010 7:44 am

I've been on hold for 20mins, no answer

gave up after only 20 minutes on hold with Du? lightweight! :)

an alternative to Ibn Battuta is their customer service centre in Media City near the butterfly roundabout.

typical Sep 6th 2010 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din (Post 8829040)
an alternative to Ibn Battuta is their customer service centre in Media City near the butterfly roundabout.

The mall stores in the morning are the best bet. Was waiting an hour and a half in the Media City centre yesterday.

expat.brat Sep 6th 2010 8:03 am

im sure they deliberately try to fob off the demands of their customers with their extended phone holding times and queuing periods at du kiosks..

Purdey Sep 6th 2010 9:29 am

Anyone know what the best mobile broadband offer is with Du or ET? With a mifi preferably if they are available here or a dongle.

the_red_sheep Sep 6th 2010 2:17 pm

If you're already a Du customer you can register online. You'll need to chase them up for them to actually do anything, and for that email works better than calling.

Alternatively, the Du store in Dubai Mall has always been quiet when I've gone there of a morning.

Roadking Sep 6th 2010 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sessou (Post 8829212)
Anyone know what the best mobile broadband offer is with Du or ET? With a mifi preferably if they are available here or a dongle.

benzonar Sep 7th 2010 7:14 am

Has anyone else noticed the pictures on the Du website (in particular the Open Your Eyes promotion) appear to be obsessed with Fellatio.

hnd Sep 7th 2010 10:52 am

@ Emirates Millhouse

"I've been on hold for 20mins, no answer."

Perhaps this will explain why ...

http://fakeplasticsouks.blogspot.com...ant-to-us.html

(Thanks to Alexander McNabb :rofl:)

Investoman_uae Sep 20th 2010 7:32 pm

This is the most ridiculous and annoying telecom company ever. 20mins? I stayed longer and nobody ever answers .... so I dont advice anyone to waste your time.

Of course you will be forced to use Du because in Dubai we have Du Areas and Etisalat Areas. Yes I know what you are thinking! You wish you didnt rent in a Du area... am feeling the same thing :frown:

Finally,... my internet for this package you are talking about. . .cuts off every other day... and stays disconnected for a while. It comes back on when Du feels like sending the signal again.

Annoying :frown:

Inv.

Haggis Sep 22nd 2010 3:43 pm

Just moved house. Suspended du from last property - yet they still billed me for 6 weeks of non-use time. Re-connected du for new property and they eventaully sent out technician who tried to sell us his personal wireless system and refused to connect all points. Also du system still didn't work. Repair from technical dept took a further 7 days - and a one hour phone call. Unresolved billing and dodgy technician both still waiting to be addressed as is technician revisit to connect all points.......Apparently Etish&at are worse!!