Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Drug use and possesion policy

Drug use and possesion policy

Old Mar 27th 2015, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

MikeLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drug use and possesion policy

If this policy in working contract means that that the company drug test their employees?

I plan to work in restaurant as a waiter.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 12:06 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drug use and possesion policy

Originally Posted by MikeLee
If this policy in working contract means that that the company drug test their employees?

If that is what is written in the contract, then, yes, they will be testing people for drugs.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

With a waiters salary here (most waiting staff get 3-4000 Dhm per month around 650 GBP, sometimes accom is included plus transport to work) you are unlikely to be able to afford illegal drugs. Very high risk also of being caught which means jail time and then deportation.

Last edited by mikewot; Mar 27th 2015 at 1:40 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 1:10 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeLee

Are you in the right forum? This is the Middle East. Those kinds of drugs are not easily available and highly illegal. Also very few British waiters in this part of the world.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

MikeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

I plan to work in Dubai.

In the contract it's said that I will have to read and sign this and some other company's policies when I come there. But in the contract there isn't anything written about the drug test itself.

I'm not planning to do any drugs when I come.

I used to smoke pot and quit 2 weeks ago. But I'm not clean yet.