Drug Use

Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drug Use

Total waste of life , a death through a 50 quid bag of bashed up beak . Should have just did 2 big lines then flushed the rest down the shithouse .
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Total waste of life , a death through a 50 quid bag of bashed up beak . Should have just did 2 big lines then flushed the rest down the shithouse .
I can only assume she was off her rocks and couldn’t take anymore when she chugged the bag. Taking it through the airport into the lounge is a bit ballsy.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You raise a good point.

The solution for prostitution is apparently to cut demand and not supply. The solution for drug use is apparently to cut supply and not the demand. Both are incorrect strategies. The reality is both will continue regardless of supply-demand dynamics.

The real issue is the UK is the social acceptance of casual drug taking. A middle-aged teacher with three kids who does it for fun with her husband is a great example of social acceptance. My guess is her parents probably knew but turned a blind eye or at least some friends (who was she in the lounge with). Just as drink driving was once socially acceptable but through education and cultural change it is no longer acceptable, drug use has gone the other way.
Agree.

Drugs, especially marijuana usage has come out of the shadows and you now see more and more stoned middle aged people out in public and you smell it far more in public now than you did 20 years ago. And it's not always healthy. Some people think it's no different from having a bottle of wine at a dinner party, but it risks long term psychological and mental issues.

I do wonder what the long term outcome of making drugs respectable will be. I've been traveling to the US for work trips recently and you also see so many drugged up youths begging on the streets. An American coworker said 20 years ago all the street beggars were old black men who had alcohol and drug abuse problems. Today they're all young white kids. He used to support pot legalisation but now thinks it's jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire situation. And I have to agree. I walked past one of these beggars last week, a young white chap, early 20s. His eyes were completely whacked out. Brain gone for sure. And it's all due to drugs.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Agree.

Drugs, especially marijuana usage has come out of the shadows and you now see more and more stoned middle aged people out in public and you smell it far more in public now than you did 20 years ago. And it's not always healthy. Some people think it's no different from having a bottle of wine at a dinner party, but it risks long term psychological and mental issues.

I do wonder what the long term outcome of making drugs respectable will be. I've been traveling to the US for work trips recently and you also see so many drugged up youths begging on the streets. An American coworker said 20 years ago all the street beggars were old black men who had alcohol and drug abuse problems. Today they're all young white kids. He used to support pot legalisation but now thinks it's jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire situation. And I have to agree. I walked past one of these beggars last week, a young white chap, early 20s. His eyes were completely whacked out. Brain gone for sure. And it's all due to drugs.
You make two interesting points - firstly that there is some combination of denial and ignorance about the dangers of pot - it is well documented that pot use has profound impacts on the brain for at least some users, with the effects apparently worse and/or more likely for younger users. Pot users appear to run the risk of developing schizophrenia and/or suffering a reduction of IQ, there is also some evidence, unsurpringly, that inhaling the smoke increases the risk of causing cancer.

Secondly. I have read recent reports that the largest demographic of people who have taken advantage of the legalization of pot in a number of US states are "young, less educated, white, men", so while there are certainly many people in various demographics who are now "partaking", chronic and frequent usage is often by those people who can least afford to deal with mental issues and depressed IQ (not, of course, that these effects are desirable for anyone!)

Re the "out of the frying pan" angle, the risk of legalizing pot is two-fold. It is well known that pot is a gateway drug, so once you have tried that you are more likely to try something else, and secondly, and perhaps more concerningly, if the street dealers in pot have lost their market to legit "head shops", their backup plan to maintain their income is likely to be to push something else, so effectively doubling the risk of the "gateway drug" problem.

All that said, I do think its a curious paradox that smoking tobacco has been in significant and continuous decline for at least 30-40 years in most of the industrialized world, while over the same time pot usage has tracked steadily upwards.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 7th 2019 at 2:00 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Agree.

i was on a bus in DC two weeks ago... we hit some space cadet (at low speed) as he just walked out on us. He never saw the bus and didn’t know we were there at all ... before the accident and probably after.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 2:36 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article in the Daily Telegraph today about cocaine use and seizure thereof in the EU.

Use by 15 - 34 yr olds is up 15% in a year to 4.7%
Of 15 - 64 yr olds 10.7% use or have used cocaine

Seizure of cocaine last year was 12,000 incidents in France, 18,900 in UK and 42,000 in Spain. This accounted for 2/3 of the total seizures in all of the EU

the UK, Spain and Italy account for 73% of the total of those requiring hospital treatment due to use of cocaine

The UK has the highest use of ecstasy in the UK.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 4:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I can only assume she was off her rocks and couldn’t take anymore when she chugged the bag. Taking it through the airport into the lounge is a bit ballsy.
I think she probably didn't realise she still had it on her until she was in the airport bar, maybe just before boarding, then either panicked and swallowed it out of fear of arrest at her destination, maybe had too much champagne and thought the bag would hold. Definitely not premeditated or she would have wrapped it to travel and doesn't make sense because if they were serving alcohol there would have been a restroom and she could have flushed it. Too bad for her family.

Old Jun 7th 2019, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

This story, and other reports, have all been lifted from the Daily Fail, who've also seen fit to use the dark arts and copyright images garnered via her social media page.

There's loads to this that doesn't add up and even the worst thieving scrote of a skaghead still has more morals than any of the so called "journalists" there.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

4 of the Tory leadership candidates have admitted taking class ‘A’ drugs in the past, and they want to run the country.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 2:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
Four of the Tory leadership candidates have admitted taking class ‘A’ drugs in the past, and they want to run the country.
Maybe that confirms my view, that you'd have to be mad or on drugs to want to lead the Conservative party at the moment?
Old Jun 8th 2019, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Only sane one in that group is Rory Stewart. His handicap is that he is a "one-nation Tory" The fact that his dad was the boss of MI5 might be a handicap.

I rather like him and I am neither Conservative nor Unionist

I remember that in one of his books he describes how it was to smoke opium in Iran.!

Last edited by scot47; Jun 8th 2019 at 6:19 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 5:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

So much F’d up stuff in that story

- mum of 3
- teacher
- first class lounge
- trying to save 60quids worth of stuff by taking it to Dubai

Stupidity has no bounds. I feel sorry for the kids.
That's one of the largest groups of cocaine users in the UK now, middle aged parents, I believe?

Originally Posted by scot47
A "sensible" user (if there are any) would have flushed it down the toilet.
Amen to that. Normally I'd say just get it done ASAP but in an airport lounge before a flight you'd need your head tested, flush the lot.

waste of life or waste of drugs?

I’m holding back my true thoughts out of respect for the kids.
Both, technically.

How'd she even get it to the lounge? Must have got it through security....
Old Jun 9th 2019, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How funny it would be if one of our future PMs isn't granted a new US visa due to lies about drug taking on previous visa applications. Although I must say a proper US visa (not just the ESTA) is not an easy form to complete.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Scamp
... How'd she even get it to the lounge? Must have got it through security.
Airport security is looking for, and has equipment to look for weapons and explosives. They aren't equipped to identify retail quantities of recreational pharmaceuticals.* Try taking a couple of keys in your carry on, and it might get someone's attention on the X-ray image, but three lines in a baggie, no chance.

* This may be different in some drug-producing countries or countries with a very lower tolerance of drug trafficking, such as Thailand or Malaysia.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 9th 2019 at 11:26 am.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Airport security is looking for, and has equipment to look for weapons and explosives. They aren't equipped to identify retail quantities of recreational pharmaceuticals.* Try taking a couple of keys in your carry on, and it might get someone's attention on the X-ray image, but three lines in a baggie, no chance.

* This may be different in some drug-producing countries or countries with a very lower tolerance of drug trafficking, such as Thailand or Malaysia.
Fair point. If it was tightly wrapped or rolled it might be mistaken for something else as well I suppose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.