Reload this Page >

Driving to the UK from Qatar

Driving to the UK from Qatar

Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:57 am
Just Joined

ravrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving to the UK from Qatar

Hi,
When I finally finish working in Qatar (hopefully not to soon) my wife and I intend to drive back to the UK. My question is - has anybody done this recently or is anybody intending to attempt this? I want to do some planning so any advice on visas, routes, potential pitfalls etc would be appreicated.

Cheers, Rick
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:49 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving to the UK from Qatar

Friends of ours did it in 1981 but I'm not sure their experience will be that pertinent to yours!
They did say it was one of the most incredible experiences they have ever had though and the pictures they took are stunning.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving to the UK from Qatar

do a search on Greg Hunt, local Journo who drove from AD to the UK, he wrote a good book called They Saddle Dogs don't they? (I think), its well worth reading.