Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Driving from Oman to Dubai

Driving from Oman to Dubai

Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:29 am
Just Joined

as0056 will become famous soon enoughas0056 will become famous soon enough
Default Driving from Oman to Dubai

I wondered if anyone could give me a hand with what docs I'll need to drive from Oman to UAE (via Hatta border post)?

I'm a Brit with an Omani resident's visa so presumably I need:

- passport (!)
- mulkiya for car
- orange card for insurance

I vaguely recall being told that you also needed an sponsor's letter saying you could drive over the border... but have heard that isn't required any more. Unfortunately the ROP haven't been very helpful and I don't want to get to the border and have to turn around again... anybody done this recently?

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving from Oman to Dubai

Originally Posted by as0056
I wondered if anyone could give me a hand with what docs I'll need to drive from Oman to UAE (via Hatta border post)?

- passport (!)
- mulkiya for car

I vaguely recall being told that you also needed an sponsor's letter saying you could drive over the border... but have heard that isn't required any more. Unfortunately the ROP haven't been very helpful and I don't want to get to the border and have to turn around again... anybody done this recently?

Thanks
in the past driving from uae to oman and back again, we havent needed to show any documents other than passport/residence visa etc (but obviously depends on the person on the day), i only think that you need to have a letter of ownership etc if its a rental car. my gold rego card is always in the car and the insurance docs too (but these are now included on the gold card for uae cars) obviously in the uae oman cover for the car can be extra its included in mine as a matter of course for axa but you can always purchase at the border.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 2:25 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving from Oman to Dubai

Originally Posted by as0056

- passport (!)
- mulkiya for car

Thanks
passport - of course. but also Oman IC/ID card. IC/ID card has to have certain categories of employment on it to be allowed to go through the Oman border without a letter from your sponsor.
mulkiya - of course.
insurance - of course.
cash in AED & OMR - for payment of road tax fees / UAE border fees on way out etc