Reload this Page >

Driving License in Kuwait

Driving License in Kuwait

Old Dec 17th 2014, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Maymona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving License in Kuwait

Hi all,

I have recently moved to Kuwait and was told that I can not drive using my UK license and that I have to retake the test here (which according to HR will cost 95 KD ¬ 200 pounds). On the other hand, I was told that you can transfer the UK license to the Kuwaiti license through their embassy in london without the need to retake the test. I am getting conflicting info!! Has anyone been through the same procedure in recent years?

Thanks,
Maymona
Old Dec 17th 2014, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving License in Kuwait

If you are a 'manager' or above and have a degree (and a UK license) you need to go to the centre, do an eye test and the license is converted. This was 7 years ago from memory. I assume you had your license notarised before coming to Kuwait. Get the mandoob to sort this out
Old Dec 17th 2014, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Maymona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
If you are a 'manager' or above and have a degree (and a UK license) you need to go to the centre, do an eye test and the license is converted. This was 7 years ago from memory. I assume you had your license notarised before coming to Kuwait. Get the mandoob to sort this out
I have a PhD and a full UK license for 8 years.

No my license is not notarised but I can send it and get it notarised? The Mandoob in HR is saying I should retake the whole test (eye test, theory and practical!!!) but I don't buy this
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Tell the mandoob to get stuffed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-...ices-in-kuwait
Old Jul 15th 2015, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Darren of Arabia is an unknown quantity at this point

Rules have changed in Kuwait these benefits of a translated licence I believe have now been removed based on discussions with 2 Brits in my office so you might need to pay the bribe and go through the normal long tedious channels I am afraid :/