Driving Licence

Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:09 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving Licence

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
No i'm not.... 15 yrs ago they were famous for it... all the busines men wanted to fly BA... not for the comfy seats....

Jesus I always thought the BA gals were generally all old hags but it seems they were just all old has-beens, wrinkled with wear. Yeuk
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:11 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Jesus I always thought the BA gals were generally all old hags but it seems they were just all old has-beens, wrinkled with wear. Yeuk
The worst in the world.....womder how many are members here.....ooooops
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:22 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

He's running a string of airline girls...
When untruths are written...is that libel or slander.????....
Old Nov 25th 2004, 6:00 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Never impressed with BA... for me the best so far is SQ. They always friendly and smile all the time.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 6:01 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Well... so what???
Old Nov 27th 2004, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Will i need my international driving license to hire a car or is a uk one valid ???

Not sure about the details for Dubai but would assume they are the same as in Abu Dhabi. You will require a international license to hire a car. You are unable to drive a private car on a international license. They no longer issue temporary licenses. You cannot get an international license here to use in the UAE. Very easy to get a UAE license as long as you have a British License. You will need to have a blood test unless you have a certificate of your blood type, letter of no objection from your sponsor, visa, passport and copies of each and lots of photos, althought they may taqke photos of you there. Got mine in an hour in AD just make sure you have everything and plenty of money when you go. FACE may be the person to ask.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

I keep asking my husband to check with his car insurance what the policy is on visitors driving our car. He just keeps telling me not to worry that he is sure they are allowed to drive but I am not convinced.

Does anybody know more about it? If the visitor (Swiss driving licence) ends up involved in an accident, will the insurance try to mingle out of it, or does it not matter who was driving the car at the time of the accident. I would like to avoid any nasty surprises. I haven't got the insurance's phone number to find out myself, so before getting any more on my husband's nerves, I thought, I would post here. Cheers.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
I keep asking my husband to check with his car insurance what the policy is on visitors driving our car. He just keeps telling me not to worry that he is sure they are allowed to drive but I am not convinced.

Does anybody know more about it? If the visitor (Swiss driving licence) ends up involved in an accident, will the insurance try to mingle out of it, or does it not matter who was driving the car at the time of the accident. I would like to avoid any nasty surprises. I haven't got the insurance's phone number to find out myself, so before getting any more on my husband's nerves, I thought, I would post here. Cheers.

Iam pretty sure that anyone on a visit visa cannot drive a private car as they can't get a uae license. I doubt the insurance would pay but that would be the least of your problems if it was serious ie death. I always worry about what would haoppen if I crashed into a driver whose kid is standing at the dash board with no seat belt. A small impact could easly result in death!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Benson
Iam pretty sure that anyone on a visit visa cannot drive a private car as they can't get a uae license. I doubt the insurance would pay but that would be the least of your problems if it was serious ie death. I always worry about what would haoppen if I crashed into a driver whose kid is standing at the dash board with no seat belt. A small impact could easly result in death!
I have heard that the insurance covers the car rather than the driver so maybe it would be OK. I wouldn't take the risk though without checking - just ask your insurers.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
I have heard that the insurance covers the car rather than the driver so maybe it would be OK. I wouldn't take the risk though without checking - just ask your insurers.

Your right the insurance is on the car not the driver, but if the driver is illeagal then the insurance is void. It is all a misty area, as it is very difficult to find the correct law, everyone has their own interputation on it. Also I think that the law changed with the temporary license. When I was in college I had an international and was allowed to drive my dads company car as it was a hire car not private. Best thing to do is write to the Gulf News, they have a weekly section called as the law which is answered by a lawyer in Dubai.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:45 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Still is happening in Tokyo.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:59 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Still is happening in Tokyo.

Probably with the same wrinkled old has-beens too :scared:

Sorry, didn't mean it
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:01 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Probably with the same wrinkled old has-beens too :scared:

Sorry, didn't mean it
they get pushed into it by Yakuza and might be the same hags as well...