Reload this Page >

Drivers License for Abu Dhabi

Drivers License for Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 29th 2013, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drivers License for Abu Dhabi

Hi

Quick question regarding getting a drivers license. Do i need to get my license translated as i have spoke to a few people who said they didnt have to?

I have a UK drivers license. If i do need this done where can i go and how much does it cost

thanks
Old Apr 29th 2013, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drivers License for Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie
Hi

Quick question regarding getting a drivers license. Do i need to get my license translated as i have spoke to a few people who said they didnt have to?

I have a UK drivers license. If i do need this done where can i go and how much does it cost

thanks
cant remember the cost as i did mine like 15 years ago and 5 years ago, so it will be different, the process is a lot different from the first to the second time. if you have a uk dl you can transfer easy, if you are the worker then your sponsor needs to agree to allowing you to drive here, so a letter in arabic is required from your employer, if you are the spouse then a letter from your husband if he is your sponsor, a pro forma letter is usually available behind the information counter if you ask, they will not offer it to you, this is in arabic, you just fill in the missing bits, ie name etc etc. you need to go to traffic in muroor.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

so no need for a typing office then? i will be wrking for someone and so will my wife. we both want to get licenses
Old Apr 29th 2013, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

if you are sponsored by a company they will need to provide a no objection letter, if you are sponsoring your wife then you do the no objection letter etc.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I don't know what the requirements are this particular month (many things change that often), and Busybee has already said that she did hers years ago, but you definitely used to (ie last year) need to get your licence legally translated. I did mine, 2 1/2 years ago, just off Hamdan St, almost opposite the "Homecentre" store - didn't cost much, didn't take long. But you really need to check with someone who has done it in the last few months as to whether that is still required. The Abu Dhabi driver licensing people normally have a fairly clear website with the requirements spelt out there - google should find it.

What Busybee is referring to is the NOC, which is also required - but which is not what you originally asked about.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 4:19 am
Just Joined

Itinerant_Expat is an unknown quantity at this point

ask a cab driver to take you to traffic department in muroor. take a photocopy of your current drivers license and photographs on a white background. once you entire the office, get your license transalated in the firsst office on the right. then take a token from the customer service department. once your number is called, submit your photo and translated license and walk out after a few minutes with your UAE license. then head straight to a car showroom and buy something expensive and fill it up with cheap petrol ! enjoy !
Old Apr 30th 2013, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Itinerant_Expat is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yes, also get a NOC from your company, preferrably in arabic. women need a NOC from their husbands (!) but husbands can just sign a form for this. the customer service lady will give you the form to sign.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Itinerant_Expat
oh yes, also get a NOC from your company, preferrably in arabic. women need a NOC from their husbands (!) but husbands can just sign a form for this. the customer service lady will give you the form to sign.
yeh what i said...
Old Apr 30th 2013, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Hey everyone, thanks for your help as always
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:40 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Itinerant_Expat
Women only need an NOC from their husband if the husband is their sponsor. For a married woman on her own visa, the employer has to provide the NOC.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
Women only need an NOC from their husband if the husband is their sponsor. For a married woman on her own visa, the employer has to provide the NOC.
hehehehe what i said
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
hehehehe what i said
You might find that more people read your posts if you'd use some punctuation! Please...

Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You might find that more people read your posts if you'd use some punctuation! Please...

nope........ it will take too much time pressing down the shift key
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:44 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by busybee2
nope........ it will take too much time pressing down the shift key
You don't even need to do that for commas and full stops.

Last edited by Meow; Apr 30th 2013 at 1:57 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You don't even need to do that commas and full stops.

i have on some occasions used the funny full stop etc etc but just not often but here you go....................................... there i am in credit now for a few more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.