Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Drinking Hole Thread

Drinking Hole Thread

Old Dec 21st 2004, 11:57 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drinking Hole Thread

Ok...so with xmas coming everyone wants to know where to go and where not to....if u go somewhere new, write a few lines here, wot , where, plusses and minuses....plus any other interesting tit bits (for JD of course)

TS
Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:29 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drinking Hole Thread

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Ok...so with xmas coming everyone wants to know where to go and where not to....if u go somewhere new, write a few lines here, wot , where, plusses and minuses....plus any other interesting tit bits (for JD of course)

TS
Another slanderous comment ..tut.....tut.....tut.

Tangerine : One friday a month they do a special 99dhs door charge, then as much as you can drink. All drinks are included even quadruple vodkas and red bull. We even ordered a jug of the stuff and they gave it to us..... it is a reall really good night out. It is located at the base of the Fairmont.

Zinc: Very popular club and is located in the Crowne Plaza. Decor is nice and the atmosphere is very nice. No hookers and is reasonably classy (compared to other places nearby). Favoured by cabin crew.

Longs: Used early on in the evening by people having a swift drink after work...later on it becomes a cattle market.
Longs is located at Rotana Towers.

Jimmy Dix: always busy always fun and always full of people out for a laugh, you wont find many tossers in there armani shirts trying to look cool, just peeps having a laugh.

Scarletts: the place people go to get noticed...good food though. !
Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:49 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an up to date list of ladies nights:

Boston bar, Jumeirah Rotana in Satwa: Tues and thurs - 4 free drinks from 9.30pm

Cacktus jacks, Airport Hotel: wednesday, 8.30pm to midnight - 1 free drink

Carters at the pyramids: tuesdays and sundays, - 2 free dinks from 10pm

Champions at the JW marriot, Thursday , free booze from 8-11pm

Ciro's Pomodoro, Tuesday free drinks all evening

Harvesters, Crowne Plaza, Tues and Thurs, 2 free drinks

Longs, Tuesdays, 10-2 two free drinks

Planetarium night club, wafi, tues and wed, 2 free drinks before 1 am

Ramada continental, thurs, 2 free drinks after 10

Rockerfellas, Regal Plaza, everyday except thursday free drinks - I would avoid this one, Face can tell u why.

Rock Bottom, regent palace hotel, 2 free drinks every day except thursday

Scarletts, emirates towers, tuesday 9-1, two free drinks

Sevilles at Planet hollywood, Tuesdays 9-12 2 free drinks, 6-8 on fridays + free paella

Siam bar, dusit, tuesdays 2 free drinks

the lodge, sundays 3 free drinks, weds 2 free drinks

Tropicana, Dubai marine beach resort, Tuesdays

Zincs, crowne plaza, tuesdays two free drinks

So now we know where JD will be drinking most days of the week.

Cheers
TS
Old Dec 21st 2004, 3:09 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Another slanderous comment ..tut.....tut.....tut.

Tangerine : One friday a month they do a special 99dhs door charge, then as much as you can drink. All drinks are included even quadruple vodkas and red bull. We even ordered a jug of the stuff and they gave it to us..... it is a reall really good night out. It is located at the base of the Fairmont.

Zinc: Very popular club and is located in the Crowne Plaza. Decor is nice and the atmosphere is very nice. No hookers and is reasonably classy (compared to other places nearby). Favoured by cabin crew.

Longs: Used early on in the evening by people having a swift drink after work...later on it becomes a cattle market.
Longs is located at Rotana Towers.

Jimmy Dix: always busy always fun and always full of people out for a laugh, you wont find many tossers in there armani shirts trying to look cool, just peeps having a laugh.

Scarletts: the place people go to get noticed...good food though. !
u seem to have forgotten about our favourite haunt...... Fibbbers
Old Dec 21st 2004, 3:29 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Face81
u seem to have forgotten about our favourite haunt...... Fibbbers
They only have a queers night don't they??
Old Dec 21st 2004, 3:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just linked this thread into the FAQ as couldn't be arsed listing all the places mentioned, but thought it handy
Old Dec 21st 2004, 3:59 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

They only have a queers night don't they??
u lot r just plain cheeky! I have allowed my cheekiness to spread... I want it back. lol
Old Dec 21st 2004, 4:02 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
Just linked this thread into the FAQ as couldn't be arsed listing all the places mentioned, but thought it handy
good on ya m8! Send all the expats to the pub! lol.... I am sure they will be queueing up to get down to Dubai now that they have seen how many pubs a one bloke can list off the top of his head.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:51 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

jimmy dix and the lodge which is about 200 yards from dix...... drinking holes of the finest quality.

the lodge has a schwarma stand inside it......pure class if you ask me.....cant really remember much of it other than it was a riot and packed with pissed people.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

TS
Just had a very civilised night at Spectrum on One at the Fairmont. If you order before 8pm you get 40% discount. Wey hey!

Went on to Boudoir, but no fun unless you're totally bladdered, which for once I was not. However, I am pleased to report a first - being able to remember leaving the place! Just shows you, you are never too old....
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 5:28 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by shiva
jimmy dix and the lodge which is about 200 yards from dix...... drinking holes of the finest quality.

the lodge has a schwarma stand inside it......pure class if you ask me.....cant really remember much of it other than it was a riot and packed with pissed people.
A shawarma stand in a pub? This I gotta c!

gave u some karma aswell.

Last edited by Face81; Dec 22nd 2004 at 5:45 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:08 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an up to date list of ladies nights:

Boston bar, Jumeirah Rotana in Satwa: Tues and thurs - 4 free drinks from 9.30pm

Cacktus jacks, Airport Hotel: wednesday, 8.30pm to midnight - 1 free drink

Carters at the pyramids: tuesdays and sundays, - 2 free dinks from 10pm

Champions at the JW marriot, Thursday , free booze from 8-11pm

Ciro's Pomodoro, Tuesday free drinks all evening

Harvesters, Crowne Plaza, Tues and Thurs, 2 free drinks

Longs, Tuesdays, 10-2 two free drinks

Planetarium night club, wafi, tues and wed, 2 free drinks before 1 am

Ramada continental, thurs, 2 free drinks after 10

Rockerfellas, Regal Plaza, everyday except thursday free drinks - I would avoid this one, Face can tell u why.

Rock Bottom, regent palace hotel, 2 free drinks every day except thursday

Scarletts, emirates towers, tuesday 9-1, two free drinks

Sevilles at Planet hollywood, Tuesdays 9-12 2 free drinks, 6-8 on fridays + free paella

Siam bar, dusit, tuesdays 2 free drinks

the lodge, sundays 3 free drinks, weds 2 free drinks

Tropicana, Dubai marine beach resort, Tuesdays

Zincs, crowne plaza, tuesdays two free drinks

So now we know where JD will be drinking most days of the week.

Cheers
TS
Thanks for that. at the moment i have only been to half of those places, but i have only been here for three weeks so you have to make allowances for that.

. Ill give them all a go next week and see how many victims... err... i mean ladies i can find.

(you have to go through a few miss wrongs to find miss right...................or miss right-now )
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:14 am
Dazed and Confused

Crying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant future

Thanks for that. at the moment i have only been to half of those places, but i have only been here for three weeks so you have to make allowances for that.

. Ill give them all a go next week and see how many victims... err... i mean ladies i can find.

(you have to go through a few miss wrongs to find miss right...................or miss right-now )

Boston Bar is good for food but that's about it!! Unless your looking for mature expat ladies looking for a good time
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:16 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
Boston Bar is good for food but that's about it!! Unless your looking for mature expat ladies looking for a good time
Where is Boston bar ??????
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:18 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Boston bar ??????

LOLOLOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.