Dragon Boating

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Rock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really nice
Default Dragon Boating

Hi all,
Be gentle i am a newbie to the site!

I worked for 6 months in Dubai (Oct-April 07) but on going back to the UK i couldnt settle SO.....have returned (been back 2.5weeks) to get this place out of my system! i had a ball last time, but was with a colleague and now i am here on my own...for the next few months at least!

I am looking to get involved in some social stuff....tried Clay Pigeon shooting last week although it doesnt seem to social stood in a trap shooting...but i guess if you were a member of the shooting club it could be a laugh...just want to avoid hoity toity though....
I found Dubai Adventure Mums and the lady that runs it also does Dragon Boat racing......i am seriously tempted to give it a go! has anyone on here had a go....i am not worried about strenuous as i really could do with being fitter...but any experience of this unusual activity would be great..
cheers guys.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dragon Boating

I know a few ladies who are doing the dragon boat racing with DAM's and they love it, go for it !
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rock Botherer
Hi all,
Be gentle i am a newbie to the site!

I worked for 6 months in Dubai (Oct-April 07) but on going back to the UK i couldnt settle SO.....have returned (been back 2.5weeks) to get this place out of my system! i had a ball last time, but was with a colleague and now i am here on my own...for the next few months at least!

I am looking to get involved in some social stuff....tried Clay Pigeon shooting last week although it doesnt seem to social stood in a trap shooting...but i guess if you were a member of the shooting club it could be a laugh...just want to avoid hoity toity though....
I found Dubai Adventure Mums and the lady that runs it also does Dragon Boat racing......i am seriously tempted to give it a go! has anyone on here had a go....i am not worried about strenuous as i really could do with being fitter...but any experience of this unusual activity would be great..
cheers guys.
You must be filthy rich...
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I know a few ladies who are doing the dragon boat racing with DAM's and they love it, go for it !
You must know filthy rich people...
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:34 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
You must know filthy rich people...
it's not expensive, not that I am aware of
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Rock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really niceRock Botherer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Confucius
You must be filthy rich...
Hmmmm, i wish!
I think it is 20DHS a session or something....i can only make the weekend meetings because of work...why do you have to be rich?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Sorry to all you forum veterans for dragging up a 20+ day old thread back up, but i thought i would share my experience of boating, just in case any one may fancy having a go...

ITS ACE!
really hard work...i think better than being in a gym! the ladies are all friendly and you get instruction before you jump in the boat so you dont hit it running blind! have to say though.....take a sit mat or something to pad the bench!...it was really uncomfortable to sit down the next day! those seats are proper hard!

the hardest thing is not smashing the alarm clock into snooze at that time of the morning on a weekend (have to be there for 8).
Glad i gave it a try and I will definately be going again...